The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

Mewness

First Post
Livia readies her bow and says sharply, "Get ready, everyone! There's someone moving toward us on the other bank, surrounded by ravens on the ground. In the mist, there!"

[sblock=ooc]Livia will try to find somewhere to hide behind if she has time. If she can't hide, she'll at least go for cover.

Looking at other side of river: passive perception 20, then perception roll 1d20+10=27 succeeds.[/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
Fredrock looks closer at the bodies, unsure if they are bandits or militia, or even just farmers. There seem to be no identifying marks on these bodies, I can't tell who they were.

[sblock=ooc]Seems all the options are not Fredrock's area of expertise. Perception (1d20+4=15) fails the 18 needed to tell who the bodies were.
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"That bridge looks rotten, for true. Maybe not safe..." says Yimayngurr, as if unsure what to do with this information.

Then hearing Livia's warning he mutters, he quickly draws his longspear and looks for the nearest cover.

[sblock=Rolls]Yimayngurr checks the bridge = Dungeoneering (1d20+3=9) = fail

Ducks behind any available cover and ttempts to hide if possible = Stealth (1d20+10=22)[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]I'll wait until tomorrow evening to continue since some people can't post on the weekends. Anyone who hasn't gone by then will attempt to Hide in the forest.[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Though he'd probably be quiet enough to sneak off into the forest, Gurk was never one to hide from a potential fight. Instead he scanned the forest for signs of trouble. When he saw nothing but birds he called out a challenge.

"You want to play with DEATH, come play with Gurk then. I give you much death!"

With those words he assumed a defensive stance and waited for a response to his challenge.

[sblock=Perception]Perception (1d20+1=15)[/sblock]

Cleverusername

First Post
Corvus shakes his head at the bodies hanging there, he remembered one particularly foul Oni assault on a village in his homeland where the demons conducted a similar display of bodies to taunt the Jadites. "Be wary, I have seen this tactic before. Do not rush off alone" the warlord cautions as he draws his shield and sword, moving towards the ruined toward, wary for ambushers.

He looks down into the drop and turns back with a sigh of relief. "We're all clear here."

[sblock=ooc]
His passive perception is 15. [/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
Hearing the warnings of potential danger approaching from across the bridge, Fredrock readies his shield and pulls out his hammer.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Eithal looks into the hole of the broken tower. Just an empty pit, no threats from there, she says as she readies her weapons.

[sblock=Eithal's Actions]Perception to investigate tower ruin: 1d20+5=25. Since H.M. is the only one who hasn't posted yet, thought I'd jump start this thing.

Also, we'll go with Eithal's stats as they are according to the current sheet since I've already got her entered in CB and Masterplan as-is. After the combat, if you get her updated HM, I'll update my version of her to match your updated version.[/sblock]

---

A cloud of ravens emerges from the mists on the far side of the bridge, swirling just feet above the ground like a small tornado. A shadowy figure stands in the center, seeming to flicker and fade.

-turn away-

The words seem to seep forward from the depths of your minds, like filth floating to the surface of the water. The figure gestures at the bridge the middle of it blasts apart, falling into the rushing waters. A second later, the figure explodes into ravens that quickly disappear into the mist.

Around you, the hung bodies begin to moan, their swaying and thrashing loosening or tearing the weathered ropes that bind them. Suddenly the group is surrounded by the hungry dead - the largest three being the ones that were hung from the bridge - while hundreds of ravens dive from the trees and fly from across the river...

[sblock=Initiative]I roll initiative to speed things along. Results:
Gurk: 26
Livia: 26
Yimanyngurr: 20
Eithal: 17
Corvus: 13
Kaz: 12
Fedrock: 11
Enemy: 10

Players all get to go first.

Corvus's Battlefront Leader power lets one person shift half their speed when initiative is rolled. Presumably, whoever claims is first gets it(unless Corvus says otherwise). If so, just add that movement on a free action when you post your turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain Information, please read]The broken tower falls 10 feet into water, anyone who falls in takes 1d6 damage, though what's left of the wall gives +2 to saving throws against falling in. The walls of the pit are DC 18 to climb.

Trees: Squares with green trees are difficult terrain, as are those with bare rock(at the north end of the map and near the bridge). The brown trees near the left-center have no effect.

Mist: Anything more than 5 squares away has concealment(-2 to attack)[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Gurk: F2
Livia: L8
Yimanyngurr: D10
Eithal: I3
Corvus: N4
Kaz: D5
Fedrock: L3

Rerisen Dead 1: B3
Rerisen Dead 2: B8
Rerisen Dead 3: E2
Rerisen Dead 4: I2
Rerisen Dead 5: M2
Rerisen Dead 6: O7
Rerisen Dead 7: O4
Rerisen Dead 8: K1
Rerisen Dead 9: B5
Rerisen Dead 10: J4
Rerisen Dead 11: G1
Rerisen Dead 12: C1
Rerisen Hulk 1: G11
Rerisen Hulk 2: H11
Rerisen Hulk 3: I11
Rerisen Raven Swarm 1: O1, Swarm, 5 squares up
Rerisen Raven Swarm 2: D20, Swarm, 5 squares up
Rerisen Raven Swarm 3: L20, Swarm, 5 squares up
Swarm: Swarms take 1/2 damage to ranged and melee attacks. They are vulnerable to Burst and Blast attacks.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
BridgeRound1.jpg
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Foul creatures of chaos. This one vows to bring you back to your eternal rest. Kaz says speeding over to the large undead . With suprising speed and accuracy Kaz takes his giant axe and slices it through his undead foe.

[sblock=actions]
Move: E 10.
Minor: Oath of Enmity Hulk 1.
Standard: Aspect of Might Hulk 1, 25 vs AC, 23 damage. Roll.

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 1
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low Light
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:14, Will:15
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Executioner's Axe +3 vs AC, 1d12+1 damage (+1d12 on crit)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
OverwhelmingStrike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Aspect of Might

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.
+5 to athletics, +2 speed, +2 melee damage (Aspect of Might)
If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage. (Censure of Pursuit)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads