The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: I'll do my turn at some later time (It's late, and I just checked the boards before heading to bed), but I do have a question.
If I move, the 3 dead next to me will get OA's. If they Hit, 1) will they push me? and 2) if one pushes me, will the others auto miss? (as in this case, getting pushed is not a bad thing for my stumpy legs ;)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal swipes at the grotesque creatures pursuing her.

The craftsman by the tower realizes that he is surrounded, and uses all of his strength in what will would likely be his last act in this battle. He hurls himself at the hulking creature next to his captain.

The spear sinks deep, causing the undead abomination to turn around... and smile.[sblock=Actions *edited* ]
Immed Int: Warden's Grasp
Target: Swarm3
Effect: Slide Swarm3 to L12, Swarm3 is slowed
Attack= 1d20+9=28 vs. AC for 1d12+6=14/2=7 damage

Standard:
Charge to O8
Target: RRH2
I rerolled because of the different type of attack:
Attack: 1d20+9+1(Charge)=16 for 1d12+6=15 damage
Original roll modified for the new action: 1d20+9+1(Charge)=18 vs. AC for 1d12+6=8 damage

DM: Take whichever you deem is legal.

Swarm3 is slowed until the end of eithal's next turn.

Free: Mark RRH2

Minor:
Craftsman at O18 Charges to N14
Target: RRH7
1d20+4+1(Charge)=22 hit for 3 damage

Sorry, but I moved this craftsman here thinking that the little stoop was the door. That was before I realized that the door was waaaaaaaaay over there :eek:. I think he's a gonner anyway, so I figure he might as well do some damage.

Minor: If one of the Craftsmen on the tower is reloaded, I'll have him fire at the swarm

[/sblock][sblock=DM]The combatant actions block show's RRH5 charging to T16 and attacking Eithal, but T16 is waaaaaaay far away from Eithal. In fact, it's inside the tower.

I'm assuming he charged to L14 and pushed Eithal with his attack?[/sblock][sblock=Ministats]
Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 1
Initiative: +1
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 16; Passive Insight: 11; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 19; Fort: 17; Reflex: 11; Will: 13
HP: 10/42 Bloodied

Surge Value: 10; Surges left: 5/12
Action Points: 0
Powers
Strength of Stone link
Thorn Strike link
Warden's Fury link
Warden's Grasp link

Grasping Winds link
Stone's Endurance link
Relentless Panther Attack
link
Warden's Tempest link
Form of the Relentless Panther link
Feats:
Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: Notes for this round.. after Iron Sky did the turn, he moved the map down, changing the coordiantes..so in their actions, the coordinates are from the previous view of the map, but their locations in the combatants section should be for the new view of the map

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: I'll do my turn at some later time (It's late, and I just checked the boards before heading to bed), but I do have a question.
If I move, the 3 dead next to me will get OA's. If they Hit, 1) will they push me? and 2) if one pushes me, will the others auto miss? (as in this case, getting pushed is not a bad thing for my stumpy legs ;)

GM: I had that come up last round with Eithal's attacks and I decided that all OAs are simultaneous. So, yes, you would draw 3 OAs, then you would resolve the strongest of the pushes of any that hit you. Generally, these undead are mindless, so they'll push you straight opposite the direction they hit you from. As for tactics, yeah, I was thinking since forced movement ignores difficult terrain, it could be useful to have one of those dead push you a couple squares :)

As for Eithal's question, what Xeterog said.

Oh, and as a side note, I'm super impressed at how well the group has done so far. This is approximately a level 10 encounter (without trying to adjust it for your terrain/ally advantages) and you all have survived 9 rounds of it and killed 1/2 of the enemy, including 1-rounding the elite. Regardless of how this turns out... *DM tips his hat*

If your character dies here, at least know your replacement will be a couple levels higher than what you're playing now :p

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: What action type would it be to pass a potion to Eithal?

GM: A minor to draw it as usual, then a minor to hand it to her. If you want to toss it to potions around, call it a minor with an unarmed RBA, range 5. If you miss the RBA, it'll land in your target's square and they'll have to pick it up as a minor.

On an unrelated note, Eithal can't shift to P9, it's difficult terrain until line S (also in the "Notes about this round" sblock). As yet another note, does Eithal get reach 2 somehow to hit the swarm that attacked Cale with Warden's Fury?

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Honestly, the rules are not very clear (or at least I haven't seen a ruling). The swarm was marked by Eithal the previous turn, and on its turn, the swarm attacked Cale (after Eithal moved away), triggering an immediate action from Eithal. If the swarm is not adjacent to Eithal at the time does that preclude her form using Warden's Fury? If so, I'll use Warden's Grasp and slide the Swarm to L12 (slowed and cannot shift, no CA granted) and you can negate the damage (7 points I think).

Just thought that if I had the choice, I'd go for the kill.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: What square is Eithal at? (not sure if you changed it) I would like to give her Kaz's potion if you want it, since she has low HP. :)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: Honestly, the rules are not very clear (or at least I haven't seen a ruling)... If the swarm is not adjacent to Eithal at the time does that preclude her form using Warden's Fury? If so, I'll use Warden's Grasp and slide the Swarm to L12 (slowed and cannot shift, no CA granted) and you can negate the damage (7 points I think).

GM: The rules are pretty clear on melee weapon ranges. Unless stated otherwise, weapons have a reach of 1. If a target is not within your reach at the time you use a weapon power(in this case, when the target attacked Cale, after Eithal was pushed behind Cale), the target is not within your reach and you can't make the attack.

Warden's Grasp will still trigger, however. You still can't shift to where you did however since it's difficult terrain(unless you made a DC 15 Acrobatics check - though failing such a check would leave you prone in your current square.

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm impressed by how well we've done. (And I'm really impressed with the durability of high-Wisdom battleminds. Hope he can survive another round of this punishment.)[/sblock]
Livia leans over the battlement to fire at a hulk, causing an angry cloud of buzzing insects to materialize around the one she hits. "Keep going, keep going!" she yells.

[sblock=actions]Standard: biting swarm on hulk 7 (in M13) 1d20+9=26 1d12+7=19 hit for 19, hulk 7 and all adjacent enemies get -2 to attacks until EoNT.

Hmm. That attack really should have been on the swarm... For some reason I thought it was no longer adjacent to the hulk. Oops.

Minor: get Mason to RUN to R9

Minor: get Cale to move to Q9. Hulk gets an OA (at -2 for biting swarm) 1d20+6-2=15 2d6+3=5 miss.[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Livia Female Human Seeker 3
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:16, Will:17
HP: 35/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left: 4/8
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Biting Swarm
Elemental Spirits
Grappling Spirits
Agile Recovery

Inevitable Shot
Encaging Spirits
Possessing Spirits
Escaping Shot
Second Wind
Rebounding Greatbow

Swarming Bats

Basic ranged attacks: Biting Swarm +9 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage, target and adjacent enemies take -2 penalty to attack until start of my next turn; Grappling Spirits +9 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage, target is slowed and can't shift until the end of its next turn.

Conditions: none

Full sheet: Livia[/sblock]

Remove ads