• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Return of Sword & Sorcery Cinema?

Urizen

First Post
Yeah, you're probably right.

If he does do another fantasy movie, perhaps it would be the Hobbit. That would be pretty neat to see come to life.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Klaus said:
Yeah, but LotR is precisely the reason PJ wouldn't do *another* fantasy trilogy.
Oh, I think he would do another. He just won't attempt another 18-month shooting schedule, making all three films at once.

Sandain

Explorer
I can't understand why they tore down Hobbiton when the Hobbit movie was screaming to be made. It would be an instant block buster and make hundreds of millions of gp... er dollars.

Pants

First Post
Sandain said:
I can't understand why they tore down Hobbiton when the Hobbit movie was screaming to be made. It would be an instant block buster and make hundreds of millions of gp... er dollars.
Because Jackson wanted to do Kong afterward. :)

Ranger REG

Explorer
Sandain said:
It was built on private land. The landowner would not know what to do with it. Even if he wants to charge tourist fee, he might get sued by Tolkien Enterprise and/or Tolkien Estate. Then again, he wouldn't want tourists flocking onto his property.

Klaus

First Post
Plus the fact that it was already built once means lots of the logistics were already solved, and there are blueprints of everything. I guess they could re-build Hobitton in half the time and at half the price.

horacethegrey

First Post
I'd love for the The Hobbit to be a made into a movie. And of course I'd love Peter Jackson to return and helm it, as well as other key cast members, such as Ian Mckellen, Hugo Weaving, and Andy Serkis. As for a younger Bilbo, I'd suggest a younger actor and not Ian Holm as many fans are hoping. My vote goes for Martin Freeman (The Office, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy).

Klaus

First Post
And then PJ pulls a "Lucas" and re-release FotR with the new actor in place of Bilbo?

:D

j/k, I'd like a new actor to play Bilbo, and John Rhys-Davies to play that dwarf that is, iirc, Gimli's relative.

horacethegrey

First Post
Klaus said:
And then PJ pulls a "Lucas" and re-release FotR with the new actor in place of Bilbo?

:D

j/k, I'd like a new actor to play Bilbo, and John Rhys-Davies to play that dwarf that is, iirc, Gimli's relative.

You mean Gloin(his father BTW to those not in the know)? Unlikely, since Rhys Davies has repeatedly stated that refuses ever again to play a dwarf, given the difficulties he had with the prosthetics during filming the trilogy.

BTW, the Lucas reference had me thinking of a gag I once told my friends. Instead of The Hobbit, the full title would be THE LORD OF THE RINGS Episode 1: THE hOBBIT.

Urizen

First Post
Yeah.. what horacethegrey said about Rhys Davies.

He really hated that make-up. He needed a few days to recover after each make-up session, and felt so self-concious that he wouldn't hang out with other cast members off-set.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads