• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The return of Valiant Comics!?

Phoenix8008

First Post
UPDATE!

As of midnight on February 15th, 2008 the new Valiant Entertainment Website is open and looking great! Check out the site for all sorts of Valiant info. It is Wiki based so if you sign up you can help add, edit and compile info for all the great people/places/ and things in the Valiant Universe. They already have alot of this info done and more coming in future months. They also have a fully formed community of Valiant loving people because they have decided not to duplicate their efforts by making a messageboard of their own. They asked and got permision to use the ValiantFans.com messageboards where there was already a thriving community of people that loved Valiant enough to hang in there through all the years between then and now.

The bad news. Still no sign of Solar, Magnus, or Turok. No press release of when we can expect to see new comics coming out either. They do however have a big window on their main page that auto-scrolls through I, II, III, IV, and V. These each show some Valiant characters. Number I is the Harbinger kids, and number II is X-O Manowar. Since these are the two hardcover collection books that have been done (see above in first post), it isn't too much of a stretch to imagine that the other three are the next hardcover collection books that they might be doing. They don't say so explicitly though. Numbers III, IV, and V are Shadowman, Rai, and Ninjak respectively.

Personally, my hopes are that they are puting out these Hardcovers to gauge interest as well as to buy time while they are in talks to secure or lease the rights to Solar, Magnus, and Turok. With luck, it won't be too long before they announce their plans for future new comics. :D :cool:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Also, I'll add that I bought the 'Turok: Son of Stone' movie at Wal-Mart and enjoyed it greatly. A really solid adult animated show. (Young ones might not like to see the amount of blood that this cartoon shows.) The animation was good and the voice-acting was great. Loved the storyline and it leaves off in a place where many more stories can be told if they want to do so. I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars! :cool:

RichCsigs

First Post
This months Previews offers the X-O Man-O-War HC. And like the Harbinger one, it will also have a new story written by Jim Shooter.

Felon

First Post
Blastin said:
Shadowman... Was he the one that could hear evil thoughts?....
I think that was NIghtman. They were both jazz players, I think.

Andrew D. Gable said:
I always wondered, did the comics Turok have anything to do with the console games?
Sure, Turok's a comic character that's been around since the 1950's.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads