The Romance of the River Kingdoms

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Three Flowers is visibly shocked by the statue crumbling to pieces. After the initial disbelief he kneels next to the remains of the statue and picks up a piece. Not being able to get a word out he picks another and holds them together as if wishing them to mend together. Finally he is able to utter some words "You wouldn't know of spirits that could rebuild this, would you?" It was a piece of art, simple yes, but creation of beauty nonetheless. The destruction was crime against all he held true!

Walking Dad

First Post
Ape

Ape nodds at Three Flowers: "Sorry, my friend, but I only know magics that heal the living, not repair stone." To Xielt: "Would you like to go first? You have sharp senses and are a good tracker."

Redclaw

First Post
Xielt shrugs, then slinks forward to investigate the staircase. His secretly glad to see that his caution was warranted, but is curious enough to ignore the further warnings of impending danger.

[sblock=ooc] Xielt will try to stay about 20-30' ahead of the group, avoiding most of the light but using his low-light vision to see. Spot and listen are both at +8.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The statue has mostly broken into large chunks and could probably be repairable. There are a few bits that have been ground into powder, however. Looking at the rubble, Three Flowers finds the end of an old bit of rope attached to the top of the statue. Although someone went to the trouble of covering the mechanism with an illusion, it still comes down to a frayed bit of rope.

As for Xielt, the stairway is cramped and narrow [OOC: Should others decide to follow him I'll need a good old-fashioned marching order], winding down anti-clockwise into cold, damp air. The steps are cut steeply, with narrow tread, and the stairs wind down for about four turns before Xielt comes to a layer of chill, dark water.

The steps lead down into the water, but just around the turn Xielt sees that they end in an open archway. The water comes to about halfway up the opening; waist height for most, neck height for Jar'Thol. It smells befouled and stagnant.

Beyond the archway, Xielt can just make out a large pillared room, full of water. From somewhere in the room beyond comes the sound of trickling water.

The Rolling Man

First Post
Jar'Thol, Salsham'ai shaman

Jar'Thol looks at the remains of the statue with a mixture of surprise, relief and disappointment. He speaks to Three Flowers. "Well, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that." He holds the end of the broken rope. "See ? This is just a very old and unused secret passage. I guess the spirit of one of my people could help mending the statue. She's the ..." He hesitates for a moment. "... the ... well, the 'Wise Crone' for lack of better imperial words. She's wise in curing sickness and wounds but might also be able to help here. My own power to invoke the spirits is limited, however, and I fear we'll need my talents in these underground passages. I'll see what I can do once we have completed our quest."

Jar'Thol follows Xielt down the stairs, a good distance behind him and preferably with yet another protector in front of him. He holds his sunrod high. When he's close to the bottom of the stairs, he quickly surveys their surroundings and says with a soft voice. "This place smells almost as bad as Llaza's sewers but it's much more sinister somehow. I don't really like this. My people are climbers, not swimmers."

Shayuri

First Post
Annika gets a stoic, sickly expression as she regards the stairway down into gloom...but clenches her fists into little balls and takes the steps. She stops though where the stairs descend into murky water and hunkers down with her arms around her knees, a step above the waterline.

Underground, underwater...at least you -have- a people...underground, underwater...I can't shame myself in front of them...I can't...

Her voice comes out a dry squeak, and she blushes and coughs to clear her throat.

"Is...it cold?" Annika asks thickly.

Dr Simon

Explorer
[Just some OOC notes:

Liking these little character moments, folks!

Ying's player was tied up with exams or coursework, so I'm going to ret-con stuff so that Ying didn't show up to the funeral.

We also haven't heard from Hafrogman for a while - for the moment I'm going to assume that Dirt is around, but hanging back (probably keeping a wary eye on the wolves) and not getting involved in things.

That is all.*]

*I refer you to the original Robert Altman film of M*A*S*H for correct intonation.

Walking Dad

First Post
Growling Ape

The Rolling Man said:
Jar'Thol [...] says with a soft voice. "This place smells almost as bad as Llaza's sewers but it's much more sinister somehow. I don't really like this. My people are climbers, not swimmers."
"Apes too, little friend. But survival lies in adaption." Ape says as he follows them

Shayuri said:
"Is...it cold?" Annika asks thickly.
"I hope it's flooded for only a short distance."

Shayuri

First Post
Annika nods unhappily, but doesn't move to enter the water. She crouches there, watching the others until they start to move off into the liquid...then, when she's just about to be left alone, she cringes and starts forging after them through the murky darkness.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Three Flowers lets his new friends with better eyesight take lead and keeps close to Jar'Thol and their lightsource.

Remove ads