• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Romance of the River Kingdoms

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=DrSimon]
Edited the post above, please roll for healing and include his reaction in your next post. And delete this one if you can afterwards

Also, shouldn't Mystal be at 17 not 16 (12 before resistance 5 then 17)?
[/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Three Flowers stands up and smothers the cinders on his cloak. He surveys the damage around and notices the monster emerge from the building.

Foul beast. Creature of decay. We shall rip it apart and then it's creator too.

Three Flowers levels the White Lotus towards the monster and then dashes to motion, sprinting forward and suddenly spinning around to lash at the beast.

OOC: Charge!

Dr Simon

Explorer
The waves of enemies seem to keep on coming - first thugs, then headless zombies, and now this... thing.

Mystal drinks his phial of healing balm. As Growling Ape utters the syllables of a spell, the flagstones of the courtyard seem to warp and bubble. A stocky, roughly humanoid figure rises up from the ground. It seems to be covered in paving slabs itself, but leaves the ground unchanged as it emerges. It strides purposefully across the courtyard to the creature, which lashes out with its claws but misses (it seems to be foxed by the fact that the earth elemental has no head to speak of). The elemental slams its stony fists into the flanks of the creature.

Three Flowers charges across the courtyard, ducks under the claws and slices through the rubbery pink flesh of the beast. This close, the sounds of the screeching heads almost overwhelms his senses, but his desire to destroy the loathsome thing sustains him.

[sblock=OOC]
Mystal: healing potion, heals 8 points. Regarding your Q above, by my reckoning you had 12 Grace left, and full 18 Health. The fireball did 19 damage, reduced to 14 by the stance. This removes the 12 grace and 2 points of health, hence 16. (now 18 plus 6 grace)

Growling Ape: Summon earth elemental. An AoO from the headhanger misses as the elemental moves inside its reach. Then elemntal slam attack 14+6=20, hit for 1d6+5=6 damage.

Three Flowers: charge attack, 18+7=25, hit. Crit confirm 18+5=23, success. Damage 2d6+4=13. Will save against heads, 20+3=23, success.

Remaining initiative order:

Annika
Shakou
Headhanger

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Shading Willow 11.jpg
    Shading Willow 11.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Seeing this new creature, Shakou decided that she would rather not even get close to it. She moved towards her equipment on the floor, and returned to her human form, picking up her bow and taking aim.

[sblock=OOC]
I really can't see Shakou wanting to close with such a creature, so she'll return to her gear, return to human form and pick up her bow and arrows and hope to do some damage from a distance.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I really can't see Shakou wanting to close with such a creature, so she'll return to her gear, return to human form and pick up her bow and arrows and hope to do some damage from a distance.
Why not? It's big and you can get on it's back and tear it up with abandon!

Theroc

First Post
Why not? It's big and you can get on it's back and tear it up with abandon!

[sblock=OOC]
Because it's some rotting undead thing? Or am I mistaken, if it's not composed of rotting flesh, that changes things, and I'd want to edit my actions.[/sblock]

Neurotic

[sblock=Theroc]
[sblock=OOC]
Because it's some rotting undead thing? Or am I mistaken, if it's not composed of rotting flesh, that changes things, and I'd want to edit my actions.[/sblock]

By it's description I would say it's just icky worm like soft goo. And besides, if you go there and help Three Flowers and I attack once we then can be on 'hustling doorway figures' in a round :devil:
[/sblock]

[sblock=DrSimon]
So drinking potion is my first round action? The way you said it before I thought it will be 'reaction' and then you roll init.

Regardless, here is my action for this or next round...adjust as you can to fit as much within this round (such as getting move after drinking potion. Thank you.

Edit: extra ten feet of movement come from extreme leap skill trick...since hi move is 20' which is minimum for running jump, jump distance and the rest of the move (30') will go to next round

It will go like this (to avoid AOO if it has reach 15 use tumble):
in a row one above where he's now:
20' run,
10' jump (uses move),
10' extra move (2 squares between him and Three flowers) - here is another 'step up' on the map
10' normal move to get the beasts flank, 3 squares from the building

Throw flask on hind quarters (to avoid harming three flowers) at most opportune moment
[/sblock]

Mystal runs forward after Three Flowers, brandishing green globe. In the middle of the run he jumps, prodigious leap for one so small. After he lands he rolls into a ball and after one roll his arms and legs spring out and he cater vaults catapulting green globe toward worm spirit. (ranged touch +6, 1d6 acid + 1 on splash area)

Jump (1d20+6=25)
Tumble (1d20+12=17)

Shayuri

First Post
Annika weaves the last gasp of magic she has left into another pair of spirit feathers, and lets them fly at the terrible specter that's risen up before them. As she does, the ghostly flame that's surrounded her gutters and dies; her spirit half completely exhausted for the moment.

(Magic Missile (2d4+2) at the darkness)

Theroc

First Post
OOC: In that case, Shakou will move along the little valley with the tree until she is in the proper position to perform a flanking charge on the beast. Since it is large-sized, I'll assume Shakou cannot use the bite-grab combo on it. If that is possible, Shakou will do it, as even if it's dangerous for her, it'd make it easier on the others to take it out.

Remove ads