• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Rules of Character Engagement

Darkmoor

First Post
266 Beware of werecats/werecanids/wereanything that come up and snuggles or nuzzles you, more often than not their flirting and usually have ulterior motives, some of whom are invunerable. See rules for motivation: 1, 4, 15, 23, 31, 61, 73-5, 114-16, 119, 138-9, 141-2, 172, 189-90, 214, 218, 222, 229-30, 247-51 256. See also rules for invunerability: 2-3, 16, 20, 22, 29, 36, 38-40, 43, (47, 51,) 55, 58-9, 63-4, 66-70, 76, (77-78), 79-82, 88-95, (99,) 100-2(i), 104-109, 117, 120, 122, 124, 129, 132, 140, 145, 150, 156, 163, 165, 166, 169, 192, 194, 224, 227, 238, 243-5, 252 . *Take special note of rules 37 and 63.

267 Two More Words: Half-Kender, Half-fey (fae) **SHUDDER!!!** See Also rule 14.

268 Repeal 226 as Null & Void! Mwahahahahaha! :D

W

WizO_Reesa

I thought this was very funny and thought I should add my own thoughts....

269. No matter how many pies go flying through the Emporium/CRT there is never any mess. No one sitting at tables in idle conversations seem to notice or care, and no one seems to get covered in goo.

270. People always seem to think they can dive off the Gargoyle Fountain, no matter the fact the water is merely wading length.

271. People always try to drink from the fountain water, despite the fact that everyone uses it for public bathing (washing off blood, goo, etc) :p

272. Whenever you character pulls a boneheaded move, someone will see and remember it for later. "Hey Reesa.. do you remember that time you tripped over the chair?"

273. Very few characters ever get sick. I mean, normally sick. None of this evil, uncurable, illness... I don't know why I'm hacking up a lung but I can't seem to cure myself... just a cold, just ill... (hehehe...)

I think this was a very hillarious thread! The stuff listed was so true, but looking at it in this way makes it humerous and funny. Like, (I think it was) Bhryn said these can be viewed as "bloopers".... everyone does them. For example, when I first started coming here I had a character who was elven and fell for a human... then after realizing that an elf raised in an elven world probably wouldn't go for a human immediately (and after my schedule changed so the player of said human and myself were not online at the same hours and I didn't think it would be fair to keep them together) my elf started looking more towards elves... the player of the human got mad at me OOC and really nailed it to my elf IC... hey that sparks another thought...

274. No matter what your offline life and personal OOC schedule is, someone will take offense to the fact that you cannot be online every time they are.

~ Reesa (the good cleric who has demon friends... go figure ;) )

Kathryn_aka_Kat

First Post
A few more,

275. Assassinations and blackmails and thefts must be planned in public, naming names and times and items. Otherwise no one else will appreciate the result.

276. In a world where the most powerful magics are available to everyone, no one has a decent birth-control method.

277. If you make up a new character, immediately PM all your old friends to let them know it's you so they can start interacting with you right away, since otherwise you'd have to roleplay making new friends.

278. On the other hand, if my char has become friends with one of your chars, that doesn't mean my char is now automatically friends with your two dozen other chars.

B

Bhryn Astairre

279: Cynicism is a way of life. Much like "Nevine's guide to: Being a jerk". Live with it.

280: There's never a better time for a joke, than when someone is weeping over their lost loved one/family member/friend. You can always count on the joke being in the worst possible taste.

281: Some people have no idea of how to help someone upset and grief stricken. ...Booze is not the way to go.

Edit: ...screwed up italics

F

Fenmarel

282 fear the one wielding two swords, he is equally adept with either hand even if he is a wizard that has every meta magic feat to speak of

283 thunder must be a common thing in the Emporium and Juxta, everyone moves with -lightning- speed

284 no matter how many years your character has studied something the fourteen year old kid that just walked up will know more

285 assassins are only good if everyone knows about their plans before hand giving them the time to prepare for them

286 if it is a drow they either are related to, are in love with or know Drizzt Do'Urden

287 the entirery of House Do'Urden wasn't destroyed, Salvatore just made it all up to get us to relax yep that's it

289 Elminster takes on apprentices left and right, if you don't believe that just ask some of the mages onsite, many were his best student ever

290 arrows and thrown weapons are just figments of imagination or if not they rarely hit no matter the skill of the one using them

291 vampires can walk in the sunlight, resist every divine spell and ability there is, but their magic and abilities are unquestionable so don't try it

292 clerics of goodly gods that oppose undead, druids and rangers may cuddle with undead because that particular undead is good at heart, this won't effect their spells or abilities one bit

293 death is no big problem, just have your character take on ghost form and hunt down a powerful cleric or wizard to bring you back in one shape or another

294 elves frown so much on Arvandor that they willingly turn their back on paradise to return to the land of the living

295 an evil character is uncapable of love no matter what, yeah their evil they don't have any feelings what so ever (even counts for devils and demons-see the planescape setting where a cornugon and a succubus fall in love, nope could never ever happen :angel: )

296 to go along with 295 EVERY devil and demon has to fall in love with someone, it is part of their genetic make up to have a loving partner to console them after a hard day of stealing or bartering one's soul away

297 low level characters should immediately be raised to epic level after a single confrontation with a commoner

Darkmoor

First Post
298 There are no less than 20 clones of every major hero or villian in the D&D multiverse at any given time...

299 Where do all the clones come from (see above)? Alternate realities, overlapping and overflowing sections of the river of time? Boored gods with nothing better to do? ....We're still working on that one....

300 No matter what version of a clone is visiting the tavern or market, so long as *it* is the only one present, then they are always the *Real McCoy*.

W

WizO_Simon

And Now, I get drug into this too *smirks*

301. All demons, Devils, Celestials and so on are completely immune to Holy Word, Dictum, Word of Chaos, Blasphemy, Dismissal, Banishment what have you.

302. Come to think of it, most people at any given moment are outsiders in a given setting but are equally immune to banishment :)

Okay that's all I have to add, have fun!

Dontella

First Post
To go with Reesa's..

303. If you do catch the common cold, there are a dozen clerics on hand on aid you.. How dare you sniffle in front of them.

304. All bonehead moves are later reveiwed on video, and laughed at, to the point where even the player gets annoyed in OOC form..

305. No matter how many versions of the "SMOOOOOOTHE" award you've won, it never fails someone has to start handing the things out again to clutter up your desk.. *winks*

306. Forget trying to be from another timeline, everyone assumes your character is simply ignorant for not keeping up on their history.. and will inform you in no uncertain OOC terms, that .. "you're not playing it right"

307. If you disagree with someone in an OOC or IC form, even about the smallest thing, within the hour everyone will know about it, and be demanding to know why you dislike them..

308. Those characters who do die.. everyone else views it as a personal offense. How dare you choose something for your own character without a meeting, discussion, review and analysis by all the local members

D

Draco of Zeradaith of the Sky

309: Disregard everything from a certain person who likes to annul things, because I am EVEWYONE'S FAVOWITE DWAGGIN and that's all there is to it. :p

~~Draco~~

Remove ads