• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Scattered Ones

Hollowtree

First Post
Tomas moves to H3, pulls his bow off his backpack, and
fires at Mr. Friendly.

A roll of 6 is a miss.

Tomas keeps shooting until there's no clear line of sight, or Mr.
Friendly gets into melee range.

If no damage occurs following a hit (highly likely!), then Tomas retreats.

Morbidity

First Post
dorin said:
Does Seebor think his magical shortsword did no damage because it is an edge weapon?

Can't remember what your intelligence check was, but I'm feeling generous today, so we'll assume you made it. Seebor thinks his magical sword didn’t do any damage, b/c it just isn’t magical enough!:p

Prague was fantastic. The most beautiful city I’ve ever been to. Unfortunately I had to return to work. :(

dorin

First Post
Seebor shouts:

"Amaryllis, invisiblility could come in very useful at the moment. RUN!"

Seebor does a fighting withdrawal to F5, sheaths his weapons and looks for something heavy to throw at (and distract) Mr Friendly (possibly a chair, vase etc) in an attempt to give the others some time to get away.

[strength check: 13+2 = 15]
[to hit: 15 + 6 - 1 = 20]

Amaryllis

First Post
There seems to be some party confusion at the moment as to whether we are fighting or running. Acting on the most recent suggestion (Seebor's), Amaryllis defensively casts Invisibility on herself and moves to C3. [This replaces previous action, but same concentration check = 15 + 9 = 24].

Hollowtree

First Post
Tomas swings at Mr. Friendly with his rapier.

[17 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 26 ; damage 5 + 1 + 2 = 8 if the rapier is magical enough!]

If this attack doesn't do any damage, Tomas tries to retreat without provoking attacks of opportunity.

Morbidity

First Post
Okay, allow me to clear things up, as you all seem to be trying to do about 4 things in round 3.

In round 3.

Seebor rushes up the rest of the stairs to D4 and takes a swing at the elemental which doesn't seem to do any damage. He also yells "Withdraw and regroup!! Run!! Get behind me!!"
(I'm presuming your yelled comment about invisibility, running and your chair throwing fit takes place in round 4)

Namfoodle: Cowering in D2, Namfoodle mutters some words then feels the familiar warm glow of his Boccob's healing wash over him.

Amaryllis ... presuming your round 3 action will be what you previously said it would be ... move to C3 and magic missiles. (invisibility will be round 4 after you've heard Seebor's plan)

Neblin: Hides partially behind a door and levels his wand at Mr Friendly, dealing some damage. Mr Friendly seems to have felt the damage, but is still looking strong.

Mr Friendly: Decides that Neblin is too far away and he will deal with the foolish creatures closest to him first. As Amaryllis is the only one in the group who has hurt him he whacks a large arm down on her doing 19 points of damage.

Tomas: Rushes the rest of the way up the stairs, ending up in D3. You swing at Mr Friendly and it doesn’t seem to do any damage. You can't retreat because you've already moved this round.

Is everyone clear now about what is going on?

Last edited:

Amaryllis

First Post
Yeah, whatever, think I am just as confused as always!

OOC - Am going down to DC tonight, back Monday.

Last edited:

Assuming I'm looking at the right map and Mr F is currently in C4...

(Note Neblin's AC is now 28 with haste, shield and mage armour)

Since Morbidity has pre-empted 3.5e by nurfing haste but not instituted the 3.5e moderations of damage reduction for monsters (hrmph) Neblin is now going to use haste as the rich gnome's spring attack. But not this round (grumble).

Neblin moves out F6 to get line of sight and uses his magic missile wand. Damage is 5+5+4+2=16hp.

With his hasted action he would have hit with magic missile again, but instead he uses the action to grumble about the fragilty of game balance and the need to be careful about changing rules on characters after they've already set up their spells and equipment. :(

[Geniemalin? What are the rules on using Dispel Magic on an outsider? Will it only work if it's summoned??? And how does it work on highly unusual non-neutral elementals on the Prime? ;)]

Remove ads