• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Scattered Ones

Malin Genie

First Post
Namfoodle uses the distraction provided by the creature smaking Seebor upside the head to slip past, following that portion of the party whch is retreating and regrouping. He is careful not to touch anything with his glowing right hand (unless he can reach Seebor this round, in which case he allows the radiance to flow into the wounded warrior.)

OOC: If Seebor gets the healing, he can roll 3d8 +6

Last edited:

dorin

First Post
[OOC: The last I knew Seebor was throwing a chair from F5 and Mr Friendly moved to E7. If he was going to have to travel through a threatened square he would have used his tumble feat - last rolled at 29!]

Last edited:

Amaryllis

First Post
[OOC - my questions remain - is drawing a wand move equivalent, can I use silent spell with a wand, and will the badger do damage? - In either case it attacks; the only question was whether it was worth going to the trouble of rolling]

Morbidity

First Post
Amaryllis said:
[OOC - my questions remain - is drawing a wand move equivalent, can I use silent spell with a wand, and will the badger do damage? - In either case it attacks; the only question was whether it was worth going to the trouble of rolling]

Drawing a wand is a move equivalent action.
You can't use silent spell with a wand unless the wand's spells were done as 'silent spell' spells rather than normal spells.
Will the badger do damage? Depends if he manages to deal enough damage ... if you do enough damage in a single roll the damage reduction won't be sufficient and some damage will be done. So roll. But the damage reduction does take effect because I can think of no reason why the badger's attack would be magical.

Amaryllis

First Post
Ok, as I understand it then, the badger gets two claws and a bite. I also choose to use the smite evil option (additional +3 to damage on first attack if the creature is evil)

Claw 1 = 15+4=19; damage = 1d4+2 = 4+2 =6 (+3?)
Claw 2 = 9+4=13 (presumably misses)
Bite = 14-1=13 (presumably misses)

I guess celestial is different to magical - but I am not exactly sure how the whole no damage from non-magical things works; is it only damage reduction? In any event, if 6 points of damage is not enough to do anything - there is probably no point in rolling from now on (unless the badger is injured, in which case it gets rage).

Last edited:

dorin

First Post
Seebor takes it that there is light down the stairs (see previous statement). He continues to descending until he gets past where he met Mr Friendly and then has a look around.

Wash, rinse, repeat

Point wand at Mr Friendly.

First volley: 2+2+3+3 = 10 [standard action]

Pulls healing potion out of bandolier. [move equivalet action? if not, then he doesn't do anything with his ME action this round]

Second volley: 5+2+5+4 = 16 [hasted action]

(Total of 26 hp damage.)

Last edited:

Morbidity

First Post
As requested earlier. I want to know who has the light source and where it is or I'm ruling that everything in this round happens in the dark ... which is fine for Mr Friendly, he has dark vision!

Malin Genie

First Post
Not a clue

OOC: This combat has gone on for so long (real time) that despite the cool Excel maps I'm not really sure what, why, who, where, or huh?

I say we have Mr Friendly explode by DM fiat (to make up for changing his alignment in the first place :p) and get on with the adventure.

Well, I tries

Amaryllis

First Post
Well, since I am invisible, I guess I am not the light source! By the way, does badger act as soon as it appears or was I supposed to role inititiative? If the latter - it is 12+3=15.

Remove ads