• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Secret of Wulin Gong (Wuxia Game) OOC [ON HOLD]

KitanaVorr

First Post
I was wondering who would be interested in playing in a game that would go back to the genre of the Old Hong Kong Action film...well more generally the old fashioned Asian films from China or Vietnam that deal with the mythologies. Well sort of like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon which I think is a film most of you recognize.

I'm not sure what films everyone here is exposed to, but I'm more familiar with the kind of films that they don't translate into English and I'd like to reproduce some of that fun here. There's a particular epic series that's my favorite that I would love to adapt the storyline to a game.

I've also started watching a few now that I have International channel and they show some of the dramatic fantasy series that are produced now in China or Vietnam. So I've got alot of ideas.

What's the interest level?

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Argent said:
You know I will play. (I'm becoming a junkie.....*sigh*)
and I want to be the Monkey!

You'd make a great Monkey God! :D

And I adore Jackie Chan so I'll probably include some elements of that in there.

KitanaVorr

First Post
garyh said:
I'm in.

You can all stop looking so shocked. ;)

do you want to be the monkey too?

Seriously, What do you guys think is the best thing to use for something like this? OA? D20 Modern modified? D&D20?

Krizzel

First Post
KitanaVorr said:

do you want to be the monkey too?

Seriously, What do you guys think is the best thing to use for something like this? OA? D20 Modern modified? D&D20?

Well there's Feng Shui or HKAT!, but that means buying something new. And I'm not sure how well they handle Wuxia-style games (I think that's the correct term :p ).

Actually a combo of d20 Modern and/or OA with 4CtF (with appropriate new powers) might work.

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Krizzel said:

Well there's Feng Shui or HKAT!, but that means buying something new. And I'm not sure how well they handle Wuxia-style games (I think that's the correct term :p ).

Actually a combo of d20 Modern and/or OA with 4CtF (with appropriate new powers) might work.

I'd rather stay away from those two...

Remove ads