• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sharn Inquisitive Episode 1: The harder they fall

mcnathan80

First Post
After standing around for a couple of minutes seemingly detered by the locked door Reech suddenly remembers s/he can pick locks *yay*. Bending down to peer in the lock s/he pulls some wires and picks out and after two minutes has the lock jimmied. "Anyone want dibs on opening the door?" it asks.

[sblock=Reech]I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of having you pick the lock to move thois thing along ok?[/sblock]

Cthulhudrew

First Post
[sblock=ooc]As long as you're cool with it- Reech doesn't have any ranks in Open Locks, though, which is why I didn't jump to do this myself earlier. :)[/sblock]

mcnathan80

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
[sblock=ooc]As long as you're cool with it- Reech doesn't have any ranks in Open Locks, though, which is why I didn't jump to do this myself earlier. :)[/sblock]
[sblock=Reech] my bad, I checked the RG and it said you have 2 ranks, so I just went for it, however, I'm all for fudging just a little to keep the game moving :p [/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"By the gods above, what the heck are those fellows doing out there?" Pohl's been standing out back for several minutes waiting for something to occur inside, and nothing's been happening. He hems and haws while pacing out back, and finally decides to check back out front to see what is going on. He walks back to the front of the building and sees all the men standing around... either looking at windows across the street, or looking at the door while Reech pops the lock. "What the heck is taking you fellows so long? Having tea?" Suddenly, he sees Reech stand up.

Reech said:
"Anyone want dibs on opening the door?"
Pohl is about to turn around to go back to the rear of the building like they had planned... but stops short when again nobody decides to make a move to the door. He turns back to the gentlemen with inquisitive eyes... is ANYONE going to open the door? When no one does... Pohl exasperatively throws up his hands and walks to the door. "Oh for pity's sake! Fine! I'll do it!"

He puts his hand out and twists the doorknob, shoving the door inwards. He then steps into the apartment and calls out... not caring one whit about trying to be secretive, since the entire group has been standing out front for a good ten minutes in full view of anyone who might be watching. "Hello? Anyone home? The Sharn Inquisitive here... helloooooo?"

Cthulhudrew

First Post
[sblock=ooc]D'OH! I'd forgotten that you'd houseruled Open Locks as part of Disable Device! That's why I thought I must have decided against taking Open Locks for some reason. Argh! Sorry about holding things up on the locked door. :p[/sblock]

Mr_Spicoli

Explorer
Zade has been quiet and keeping a low profile off to the side down the block a bit. Watching carefully for any signs of movement in or around the house. As the party ensues their various poking around, he sirveys the local neighborhood watching for any neighbors or passersby who may notice the group's activities.
He tells his familiar to fly and circle the house looking for any movement in or outside.
Upon any such sighting, he tells his Raven to immediately notify him, so he would let the other s know.

If anyone notices and approaches the party, Zade will attempt to distract them having his Raven fly down at them and use a charm person spell if necessary.

Enforcer

Explorer
Kalserath remains vigilant as they enter the home, ready to manifest his mind blade and strike with deadly psionic energy. He's not much of an optimist.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
As the others enter the home, Reech follows, shrugging slightly. Odd how people can justify breaking the laws they themselves have enacted, it muses silently.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Anders follows silently, his eyes roaming everywhere. To the part of himself he keeps hidden, he asks, Do you sense anyone or anything in this place?

[sblock=OOC]Using his symbiots blindsight.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads