• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sharn Inquisitive Episode 1: The harder they fall

mcnathan80

First Post
[sblock=Everyone] Alright my week from hell is done! I'll post tomorrow to give everyone a chance to say what they're doing before we move on.[/sblock]

bento

Explorer
Zenthil spends the next ten to twenty minutes going through any notes that might be laying around, writing down anyone's names he comes across - other students or teachers.

He also looks for anything with a recent date on it and takes it if it looks interesting. He's careful to not handle anything by hand - uses the pen in his pocket to push papers around.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Reech goes to the two bedrooms, first the victims, then the other one. It searches through the victims' belongings, noting what sorts of clothing he wore, what sort of lifestyle he might have led. It checks for anything like awards, trophies- something that might indicate the victims' hobbies or avocations.

In the other room, Reech looks for signs of the same, or lack thereof.

[sblock=ooc]Reech is trying to get a picture of who this victim was, and who/what/if there was another roommate.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Anders follows the others like an odd ghost, waiting for a sign of struggle of similar event to provide the best place for his viewing.

[sblock=OOC]Once the searches turn up something good, he'll do a sensitivity to psychic impressions at the best spot[/sblock]

mcnathan80

First Post
You begin to search the apartment in earnest looking for signs or clues as to who Haris was, and who this mysterious roomate is. It's always odd rooting through the home of a dead man, you keep expecting them to just show up and say 'hey, get out of my house!', but you know that's just nerves. Haris isn't coming back, he's still lying in a broken heap of coagulating blood at the foot of your door.

[sblock=Zenthil]You begin to look through letters trying to find a name. Most of them are by Haris for various classes - nothing by a teacher. However, one paper has the name Athar Jomri -sounds Cyran.[/sblock]

[sblock=Reech] You begin going through the bedrooms, first Haris's, then the roommate. In Haris's room you find the definition of oppulance. Silk sheets, fine tapestries, and thick woven rugs dominate this smallish bedroom. Rifling through the drawers, and closets reveals equally fine clothes. In the top drawer of his dresser is a note, it reads:

Son, I have to say again how dissapointed your father and I are of your choice to go to Morgrave University. It is a joke of a school, and you have made us a laughing stock among our friends. We could have talked to the dean at the University of Wynarn, you could have gone back. Sometimes I think you do these things on purpose to spite us and make us look bad, and now you get that filthy apartment in lower menthis of all places. Oh, to answer your question: no, we will never come to see your place even if you ask us a hundred times we will always say no. Please reconsider your decision, come home for a month or two, as long as it takes for you to sort out what you need to do. I have enclosed a letter of credit for 300 galifar's for rent, don't think I'm giving this to you because I approve of your lifestyle, the only thing more embarassing than having a son who thinks "slumming it" is an appropriate way to live is to have a son that is homeless. Please, please come home. Mom.

That is all for this room. The roommate seems to live a much more spartan lifestyle with a hard bed, and a desk in the corner. There are papers in the desk bearing the name Athar Jomri bythe looks of it, he's is a fairly good student earning A's and B's for his papers. There is a picture of a rather attractive woman under his pillow it looks as if it has been handled a lot. Other than that there is nothing else in this room, not even books.[/sblock]

[sblock=Anders]After everyone has done their cursory examination you begin the tedious task of maifesting your psychic power. A low hum begins to eminate from your position, as the room begins to seep a thin slick sheen of ectoplasm. Finally, an hour later you can see what happened here. The scene is almost like a dream, hazy and unfocused. You see someone scrambling franticly around the living room tipping things over, breaking glasses, and generally making a mess. oddly enough throughout the entire process the person doesn't seem to ever stop and look for anything. If they were robbing the place they certainly weren't concerned with finding anything. Suddenly the person stops and cocks their head as if listening for something and bolts out the front door. Soon your vision returns to normal, and you can see the room for what it is.[/sblock]

stonegod

Once again, the trance takes Anders. Time, an unusual concept at the best of moments for the odd boy, peels away its oblique geometries for him. And soon, spread before him are the echoes. Echos of the truth.

OOC: Let me know when the hour passes for Anders.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"Well gents... find anything of note? Who should we go searching for next? You give me a name, and I'll lead us to them." Pohl states.

Mr_Spicoli

Explorer
Zade watches the environs meticulously, (if he can see the neighbor's conversation with Pohl, he'll quickly step up to the apartment in preparation for a charm spell. After Pohl has concluded with Darrin Mahshin, Zade will step up and speak with him. )
"Good afternoon sir, may I have a word with you about the resident of the apartment under question. What can you tell me of the habits and personality of young Hathis? Was he a private person, did you notice any disreputable associates? How were things with him lately, any noticeable changes in behavior or mood? Did he live alone, and do you know who and where any of his friends or family are in this area? Thank you for you're time." With that he goes back to his vigilant watch of the neighborhood.

Otherwise he continues watching the neighborhood and looking around the ground for anything unusual from dropped belongings to out of place footprints etc.

When the crew enters the apartment, Zade checks the mailbox to see if there is more then one person listed for the address.

stonegod

OOC: I'm going to assume the appropriate amount of time passes, giving folks time to backdate anything while Anders is entranced.

Slowly, the pupils of Anders' strange eyes return to their normal size, and he blinks as he tries to clear the hour's dryness from them. The clouds still lingering in his brain, he mutters, "Once seeks to deceive with a search not meant to find." After a moment, he shakes his head and says more plainly, "The mess we see is not what it appears. It is a distraction, not the truth. Robbery was not motive, and something was not meant to be found."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads