• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The silver Marches - campaign plots anyone?

Arthur Tealeaf

First Post
If anyone here have run, are running, or just have any good ideas for campaign plots set in the Silver Marches, I'd be very greatful to hear them!

I don't really have time to post any of my own ideas, but I'll come back later.

What I want to run is the kind of quest-like campaign, where you travel from city to city, through dangerous and fantastic locations, not a stationary campaign, set - for example - in just Silverymoon! (By the way, adventures in Silverymoon seem almost impossible -- badguys can nearly move in there!)

Thanks in advance -- if I get any help mind you... ;)

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Arthur, do you have the Silver Marches supplement? it's full of adventure ideas. if not, i could post some here if you'd like...

Arthur Tealeaf

First Post
Wooo HOOOOOoooooooo!

Yes, I've got the silver marches book, but I don't really like the ideas (those I've seen).

If you have any ideas, I'd be very happy to hear them!

Mr Fidgit

First Post
well...

i ran a game recently in the Silver Marches (before the book came out) that had the PCs travel all over. they started in Olostin's Hold and ventured into the High Forest to the Lost Peaks, back to Olostin's Hold, then north to Everlund...and so on, all over the Marches...

there wasn't an overall plot leading the PCs, i just gave several adventure ideas to the PCs (through Gather Information rolls) to find where their next 'job' was going to be.

as far as a "quest-like campaign, where you travel from city to city"...

the PCs could be following clues from city to city, left by a bad guy who's consantly on the move (a Zhent or Shade in disguise)...

if there was a Harper in the party, that PC could be directed to other settlements by Harpers or Harper allies (complete one task for a Harper in one settlement and be sent to another as a Harper test-for-memebership, not knowing there's grand scheme behind all of the tasks and travel)...

since the Marches formerly housed several Netherese settlements (during the Nether Age and after it's collapse), the PCs could be sent from place to place to look for clues to lead them to a Netherese artifact, or pieces of an artifact. this may work well if there's a cleric of Selune in the group (because she existed in the Nether Age, and so did Shar, so the artifact could belong to either, one to be recovered, the other to be destroyed), or a cleric of Lathander (to recover an artifact of Amaunator - the former god of the sun), a cleric of Tymora (again - to recover or destroy an artifact belonging to Tyche, Tymora's 'mother'), any priest of a nature god (for an item belonging to Jannath, the former goddess of nature), and so on...

so, there's a few ideas. i'll post more as my brain allows...:D

Remove ads