The Soldiers Sons

Brother Allard

First Post
Darius's eyes narrow for a moment as he wonders at the Vargr's motives for asking such a question. With nothing much to go on, however, he decides on the truth as the easiest option.

"Yes," he says simply. "He's my father."

Wilphe

Adventurer
Dominic looks at his acquaintance with a new eye, but is otherwise unfazed. And now we see if he recognises my name

DrZombie

First Post
The vargr barks a coughing laugh, an unpleasant sound.
"Auberon's pup. Whaddaya reckon."

He tilts his head, pinning you with an iron stare.

"So tell me, pup. An eye, half a face, a lung and a career in exchange for a spaceship. Do you think it's a fair trade?"

DrZombie

First Post
"You're looking at her, boy. Loaned untill further notice, for services to the empire."
He snorts.

"So you're looking for passage. I don't bring along passengers. You've got two hours to run a diagnostics, find out what's wrong, how to fiks it and how much that would cost me. If I'm satisfied, you're hired as deckhands, if not you walk."

He turns to a beaten-up console and presses a button.

"Computer, 120 min open acces on diagnostics and trial run only. Confirm."

"Order acknowledged, captain."

He turns back to the two of you.

"Have fun" and he disappears into the ship.

Brother Allard

First Post
Darius stands for a moment after the Vargr's exit, gazing at the ship, bemused.

"Two hours to find out what's wrong with this ship? I can tell you right now: it looks like someone pulled it off a garbage scow. How much do you figure it'll cost to fix that?"

Wilphe

Adventurer
"It's not what's wrong we need to work out, it is what is wrong that matters. Cosmetic damage and duct tape don't matter. So let's start with the essentials and work backwards shall we? Life support, power, drives If those are all acceptable than we look at something else."

Remove ads