• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The State of Moderation at RPG.net

agoodbadhabit

First Post
I think the site is doing great. There seems to be no better community to talk about any types of RPG. I've yet to have an issues with the mods there and I've been there forever as well.
I guess it depends on what connections you've made during your "forever."

I forged a fair number of non-rpg.net associations, and then watched as the posts of some of them garnered negative mod attention.

Have you not noted how many long-term rpg.net members have been banned/permabanned over the past year or two? If you haven't, I suspect you're not following Tang or TT too closely.

Strict-RPG-wise, you can post lots without running afoul of the mod agenda. If you stray into the socializing-with-RPGers though, you'd better toe their party line.

The mods even moderate private groups now, even when no complaints have been made, to ensure compliance to their comfort zones and what they deem to be "appropriate."

All in all, the pre-2001 rpg.net was a much better place in which to interact with other gamers. The "mod-lite" post '01 years were okay, but the modern level of moderation simply serves to assure that the points-of-view of the chief mods get propagated and reinforced at every opportunity. Hardly a hererogeneous atmosphere.

agoodbadhabit

First Post
You are being devil's advocate to my devil's advocate :D

I read trouble tickets from time to time but I rarely see what I consider mod abuse. We see the same thing about EN World the people who get banned and punished complain and complain but most of the time I can see they were at fault.
Sorry, but there was no way to see if I was "at fault." They based their ban on alleged PMs, which they refuse to disclose.

Perfect system for them...

Crothian

First Post
You aren't going to get sympathy from me. Your first posts to EN world are to complain about abother site. That's not what En World is for and I'm suprised the thread hasn't been locked becasue bringing drama from other boards here has resulted in thread closures for that alone. If you want to bitch and complain about it go to CM it is perfect of this type of topic.

Circvs Maximvs - Powered by vBulletin

You got banned there so of course you have an axe to grind. It isn't perfect there, it isn't perfect here. I've seen and read why a lot of the long time people got banned. Being long term or a prolific poster doesn't give them any more rights to be rude and distruptive as anyone else. In the end the site is run and owned by somebody and they get to do with it what they want.

agoodbadhabit

First Post
You aren't going to get sympathy from me. Your first posts to EN world are to complain about abother site. That's not what En World is for and I'm suprised the thread hasn't been locked becasue bringing drama from other boards here has resulted in thread closures for that alone. If you want to bitch and complain about it go to CM it is perfect of this type of topic.

Circvs Maximvs - Powered by vBulletin

You got banned there so of course you have an axe to grind. It isn't perfect there, it isn't perfect here. I've seen and read why a lot of the long time people got banned. Being long term or a prolific poster doesn't give them any more rights to be rude and distruptive as anyone else. In the end the site is run and owned by somebody and they get to do with it what they want.
I'm not looking for your sympathy, defender of the status quo that you are.

This thread was brought to my attention by a friend, and a simple google search unearthed it.

If you're going to take me to task for supporting someone who *has* had a similar experience, then feel free. I'm pretty sure we're not posting for your benefit...

Speaking of which, why did you bother to post? To let the e-world know that you've never posted anything worthy of mod notice?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads