The Story Hour WRITER Appreciation Thread!

Thorntangle

First Post
I have been reading and enjoying a lot of story hours and realized that I didn't always make the positive comments that I should. The work should be recognized, creative fires should be stoked and egos should be boosted.

So, following on the footsteps of nemmerle's story hour reader appreciation thread, I thought I'd extend a heartfelt thanks to ALL the story hour writers. I won't name particular names because I want thanks to extend to all the story hour writers out there.

Thanks for all your hard work. I'll buy you a beer if ever we meet.

Old One

First Post
I might take you up on that beer...

Careful, Thorntangle...

You right down the road and I like EXPENSIVE beer :D!

~ Old One

PS - Great Post

Lazybones

Adventurer
I couldn't agree more, Thorntangle...

I said it when I first started writing my SH, and I'll repeat it here: the great campaign write-ups, humor stories, and miscellaneous adventures on this page are what got me interested in D&D again, and I still love sneaking a few moments from work throughout the day to read the updates on the many (I think it's about 9-10 by now) stories that I read regularly. Thanks guys, for your hard work and creative efforts!

Now get back to work and WRITE MORE POSTS!

Lazybones

Thorntangle

First Post
Re: I might take you up on that beer...

Any time Old One, any time. There should be a DC/Baltimore EN World get together.

Old One said:
Careful, Thorntangle...

You right down the road and I like EXPENSIVE beer :D!

~ Old One

PS - Great Post

Immort

First Post
I couldn't agree more. These story hours really get you fired up to go gamin again. It was reading these that prompted me to finally begin to chronicle our adventures. So big thanks to all of the writers who inspire us every day!!!!

-Immort

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Actually, the best way to show appreciation for storyhours is to post a comment (even a small one) in the storyhour thread.

The great and good storyhours get a lot of comments, as they should - but many of the smaller and less well known storyhours recieve quite a few views but no comments.

Believe me, even a single line comment in a storyhour thread is like water in the desert to the writer.

So if you read a thread but haven't ever made a comment on it, say something encouraging today!

Cheers

Rune

Once A Fool
Plane Sailing said:
Actually, the best way to show appreciation for storyhours is to post a comment (even a small one) in the storyhour thread.

The great and good storyhours get a lot of comments, as they should - but many of the smaller and less well known storyhours recieve quite a few views but no comments.

Believe me, even a single line comment in a storyhour thread is like water in the desert to the writer.

So if you read a thread but haven't ever made a comment on it, say something encouraging today!

Cheers

Too true, but this is good, too. I agree absolutely, by the way, that these story hours, more than any other aspect of the site, make the boards worth coming to.

Tokiwong

First Post
Rune!

Rune said:

Too true, but this is good, too. I agree absolutely, by the way, that these story hours, more than any other aspect of the site, make the boards worth coming to.

Where have ye been... and I have to agree the storyhours keep me coming back for more... and yeah I don't get too many posts but those that I get keep me going... so Rune you going to post any time soon?

Remove ads