The Tome of Horrors is the Tome of Happiness!

Crothian

First Post
What's the level of deatil they give each creature? Is it short blurbs like the MM? One page each like Creature Collection? Or multiple pages like the Monsternomicon?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Short blurbs like the MM. Some are on one page, some are broken up. It's mostly set up like the MM. It has an insane monster per dollar ratio. 400+ for $30!

Last edited:

roytheodd

First Post
Crothian said:
So, it's a good book?

This is the book the Monster Manual II should have been. If it had just a few stock humanoids (eg Orcs & Goblins) it would replace the 3rd Monster Manual on my shelf.

Crothian

First Post
roytheodd said:

This is the book the Monster Manual II should have been. If it had just a few stock humanoids (eg Orcs & Goblins) it would replace the 3rd Monster Manual on my shelf.

That's pretty darn good praise.

Vanye

Explorer
Who's carrying it online?

I'm not finding it listed at Amazon or Barnes and Nobles. Borders is useless since it's the same as Amazon. So, who's got it available online?

Griswold

First Post
So I walked into my LGS today to purchase the SLG Termana, and walked out with the gazetteer and Tome of Horrors. I have to say, out of all the monster books out there, I think this is the best, this is good stuff! So many creatures, so few PCs....

The Termana gazetteer is good too, though I've only glanced at it :D

-G.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I found yet another monster in there today that made me cackle with glee. I think I frightened the Dairy Queen staff...

Anyway... they have the Giant Hamster!!!! And it has the special ability "Cheek Pouch"!!!

Eeeheeheeheeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

rounser

First Post
surpassing even the Monster Manual.
I found too many of the MM's selections aesthetically lousy, and the biggest letdown of 3E. It's good to see that MM2 and ToH rectify this and restore an AD&D feel to the monster palette.

Zappo

Explorer
rounser said:

I found too many of the MM's selections aesthetically lousy, and the biggest letdown of 3E. It's good to see that MM2 and ToH rectify this and restore an AD&D feel to the monster palette.
Any way to see a couple of these pictures online?

Remove ads