• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The U series

TheLostSoul

Explorer
In another thread, someone recommended the U series (for AD&D 1st. Ed.) to another poster and so I became interested in them. I was thinking that I could write a small campaign based on these modules, but I want a bit more information before buying them.

Can someone give me a resume on the plot from module to module?

What kinds of critters does the series feature,both as allies and antagonists, and in which module does they appear?

Is it location based, encounter based, or a mixture?

How much roleplaying does the modules contain as written?

Thank you in advance.

Capellan

Explorer

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Of all the series of 1E modules, I think this one would hold up the best if it were brought up to today's system and repackaged. The "Return to" modules were mostly nostalgia, but the Saltmarsh series could be sensational, IMO.

I ran them as conversions for my kids. They were great, but players have to remember that the third module is just a scouting mission. If they take on the stacks o' sahuagin, they're dead. I had to remind the kids a couple of times, that it was essential to avoid combat in that U3--The Final Enemy.

Wizards used to have them for free on their site. Maybe you could find them with the Wayback Machine....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads