The Unusual Heroes: Journal Of A Half-Drow

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Ziona turned to face Doc with a surprised look upon her face. Doc hardly noticed, his eyes following Cleo.

Ahhh... c'est l'amour...

Not like Ziona gave me any thought at all. I understand her state of pain right now, but I have to turn my attention to where it's appreciated. In my mind, I thought I'd continue to be Ziona's friend, but at least I'd woo the girl I had half a drow's chance in Cormyr with.

Of course, with the benefit of hindsight... *cough cough*

madriel

First Post
Dr Midnight said:

Ahhh... c'est l'amour...

Not like Ziona gave me any thought at all. I understand her state of pain right now, but I have to turn my attention to where it's appreciated. In my mind, I thought I'd continue to be Ziona's friend, but at least I'd woo the girl I had half a drow's chance in Cormyr with.

Of course, with the benefit of hindsight... *cough cough*

You two-timing hussy you!:p

Ziona

First Post
The party traveled for awhile until they came upon a ratty-looking stair path. After inspecting the map, they estimated that the route was slightly over a day's travel.

They decided to tie a rope around one another so that no one would fall into the deep chasm that the stairs wound around.
Un-enthused about the lengthy trek, they began climbing each step. Aarack lead the way again, with Varr, Doc, Cleo, Solstar, Ziona, and Rossal following behind.

The only stops that were made were for occasional sips from their waterskins. Once they reached the top of the path, they were faced with an intersection. Knowing they had to rest, and rest now, they set up a makeshift camp and used the same watches as last time.

Rossal curled up on Ziona's pack, Varr was already snoring, and Cleo snuggled up close to Doc. Ziona prayed to The Dark Maiden, and Solstar and Aarack talked quietly while setting up.

After Ziona's watch, she walked over to where Doc lay sleeping, his arm around Cleo. She nudged him with her booted foot, trying to wake him for his watch. They shared an awkward moment when Cleo reached out groggily for him. He stood up and took his place opposite Aarack and started his watch. Ziona walked to the opposite side of the campsite, took off her chain mail bikini, and fell asleep beside Rossal.

Doc, still exhausted from the long treacherous walk, still felt groggy. He tried to think of how he might stay awake for his watch, but the only thing that came to mind was a jig he learned long ago from a tavern wench. So, to keep himself awake, he began to dance. Aarack turned, thinking an enemy upon them, and was shocked to see Doc jumping and dancing about.

"What are you doing, your buffoon?"

"What? Oh, well, I was practicing my dance steps. The ladies love a good jig, you know."

Aarack's face contorted in anger.
"You DO realize we're in the Underdark, surrounded on all sides by the Drow, right?"

"Hmmm...yes, that's true," replied Doc, still clumsily dancing around.

"Then stop your shenanigans! We're on watch to guard the party as they sleep, not to attract every enemy in the area!" he hissed quietly."

"Right you are," said Doc, feeling more fatigued than he did before he began his jig.

A short while later, Doc sat down on the ground, and although he fought it well, he lost the battle and fell to sleep on his watch. When it was time to switch, Aarack was annoyed to find Doc asleep. Aarack woke Solstar, and went to sleep, while Solstar shook Doc and made him join the rest of the party in a slumbering circle.

On Varr's watch, Cleo woke up and began talking to him, asking him all about Doc Midnight. Rossal woke as well, and listened to their conversation. Varr told Cleo all about his adventures so far with Doc and how Doc nearly died twice, and how Ziona had saved him.

Soon it was time to wake the group and continue on their journey to find Zellian. After gathering their things, Solstar cast Darkvision, and the party carried on through the intersection, coming to a cavern. Waiting for them in the dark were Drow, gnolls, two trolls, and the mage who escaped from their last battle...

MORE TO COME...

Last edited:

Immort

First Post
Well I must say that I am getting the feel of the new writing style of the campaign, and quite honestly looking forward to further installments. Keep up the good work.

-Immort

Dr Midnight

Explorer
I'm incredibly impressed with how tight Melissa's writing style is. Considering some of the things she'll just blurt out while musing on what her the inside of her blanket smells like, She's turning out to have a real talent for words. :D

Too bad there might be a forehead-slapper of an upcoming Drak decision that everyone saw coming...

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Xaltar said:
Hey,

I only tried to charm her so I could send her home safely. I have a 22 Charisma (with a cloak of +2 CHR), the ALLURING feat, and GREATER SPELL FOCUS (Enchantment). I started to have a really bad feeling when I failed at such a simple task.

- Solstar

This would make me super-paranoid. Cleo has a will save that allows her to beat a DC of 22+ (don't know what the Alluring feat does). No divinations on her?

Drak

First Post
I made him feel bad about casting on her without her permission. Cleo was mad and Doc help defend her after all.. lol.

Remove ads