• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The voting booths are now open and Dream Dates are a go!

Jeff Wilder

First Post
It'd be nice if ENnie voting could be made sticky. I've tried twice and gotten the fail-page both times. I'd just as soon wait until traffic dies down to try again, but if the thread's not sticky I might forget.

Firebeetle

Explorer
I have to say I declined to vote this year. I've been active on these boards and Eric's boards since 2000 (I've changed names a couple of times.) I've participated in the Ennies more times than I can count. However, the sheer lack of material from WotC leaves me with the distinct impression of prejudice that I think has existed for years. Only two products on the list, yet the material I'm buying is some of the best I've ever seen from Wizards.

The whole thing leaves me cold. If these awards are going to focus on smaller publishers, then it should state so explicitly with criteria. If it's supposed to be fair, then WotC is definitely being excluded. You can say what you like about Wizards, but you can't argue numbers. They are the market leader and hold the majority of sales. That can't happen without some quality. I only count TWO products from Wizards on the list.

This feels less like an award and more like a excluding cliche. I think Wizards deserves a fair shake.

C.W.Richeson

Explorer
I have to say I declined to vote this year. I've been active on these boards and Eric's boards since 2000 (I've changed names a couple of times.) I've participated in the Ennies more times than I can count. However, the sheer lack of material from WotC leaves me with the distinct impression of prejudice that I think has existed for years. Only two products on the list, yet the material I'm buying is some of the best I've ever seen from Wizards.

The whole thing leaves me cold. If these awards are going to focus on smaller publishers, then it should state so explicitly with criteria. If it's supposed to be fair, then WotC is definitely being excluded. You can say what you like about Wizards, but you can't argue numbers. They are the market leader and hold the majority of sales. That can't happen without some quality. I only count TWO products from Wizards on the list.

This feels less like an award and more like a excluding cliche. I think Wizards deserves a fair shake.

Prejudice from who? Wizards of the Coast received six nominations this year, covering a broad variety of categories. I'm one of the judges. I have sixteen D&D 4E reviews at RPGnet, most of which are very positive. I've played in short campaigns and a year long 4E campaign, not to mention years of play with other products.

I completely agree with you that Wizards puts out some fantastic products. The thing of it is, though, that so do other RPG companies. There's a lot of great stuff out there to dig right now.

Remove ads