The Walking Dead 4.13 - "Alone" - (spoiler alert)

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I shouldn't respond to this thread, but seeing zombie, zombie, zombie, zombie movies, tv shows, conventions, forum threads - really? I was never a big fan of the original Night of the Living Dead by George Romero (which were named as ghouls in the movie, never zombies), but gave that original film some credence. But today's extreme over indulgence in zombies loses all credulity as to what zombies actually are, what kind of undead that are depicted should actually be (not zombies). I find it a very sad concept altogether, and I don't wish to see another incarnation of zombie ever again, except maybe in a D&D/PF game and that's it. (Zombies are living people under the control of voodoo magic, they are not cannibalistic undead, those are ghouls...)

So what do I really think about The Walking Dead...? Nothing at all. Something to absolutely avoid.

Sorry for bothering you folk, and I'll now drop out of the thread now.

I shouldn't respond to this thread, but seeing zombie, zombie, zombie, zombie movies, tv shows, conventions, forum threads - really? I was never a big fan of the original Night of the Living Dead by George Romero (which were named as ghouls in the movie, never zombies), but gave that original film some credence. But today's extreme over indulgence in zombies loses all credulity as to what zombies actually are, what kind of undead that are depicted should actually be (not zombies). I find it a very sad concept altogether, and I don't wish to see another incarnation of zombie ever again, except maybe in a D&D/PF game and that's it. (Zombies are living people under the control of voodoo magic, they are not cannibalistic undead, those are ghouls...)

So what do I really think about The Walking Dead...? Nothing at all. Something to absolutely avoid.

Sorry for bothering you folk, and I'll now drop out of the thread now.

I am sure a lot of people feel this way. For me, it is great that zombies are huge now, because back in the day our zombie fests consisted of Romero Movies, Return of the LIving Dead Movies, and really obscure stuff like Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. Always loved zombie films, and its great to see the genre grow so much in the past fifteen years or so. Now there are just tons of different kinds of zombie films to choose from AND we have the classics.

Remove ads