The Walking Dead 4.2 "Infected" (spoiler alert)

NewJeffCT

First Post
Intense episode last night, with a creepy beginning and lots of walker action after that. Then, a strange twist at the end with two burned bodies discovered, including Tyreese's new girlfriend. Now, when Judith vomited on Beth, was that blood? Was that why Michonne was crying - because she figures Judith is dying?

And, in the previews for next week, you can tell they've upped the budget -
7,500 walkers in one scene!!!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Now, when Judith vomited on Beth, was that blood? Was that why Michonne was crying - because she figures Judith is dying?

What? NO! They tell us explicitly that it was *carrots*. If the baby started bringing up blood, you'd do something a bit more decisive than handing the baby off to someone who cannot walk, and going to clean up.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Michonne was crying because she lost a child in the past herself.

What? NO! They tell us explicitly that it was *carrots*. If the baby started bringing up blood, you'd do something a bit more decisive than handing the baby off to someone who cannot walk, and going to clean up.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Michonne was crying because she lost a child in the past herself.

That's what I was thinking, either her own child or another family member

NewJeffCT

First Post

Yes, she said carrots on the show, but if you look closely, there is a stream of red on her shoulder as well. However, I re-watched that scene specifically this morning and the "stream of red" is actual Beth's beaded necklace, which happened to be red.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Now, who is feeding the rats to the walkers? I'm thinking the drunk guy from last week's episode? Another forum I'm on was speculating it was Carl or one of those two girls ("she's not right in the head")

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I don't see any reason to think it is Carl. He seems to have gotten his head screwed on mostly straight, at the moment.

The girl who named "Nick" is certainly a contender. But the "sneak outside with a flashlight" seems a bit out of character. If she knew that she had to sneak to feed a walker, she wouldn't be asking "Why did they kill Nick?"

I'm guessing the Governor has an operative inside the prison, who was instructed to do it to destroy the burgeoning community.

Ahnehnois

First Post
For all the turmoil behind the scenes, the show seems to have gotten better. The new season so far is very focused and tense. Not much aimless meandering now.

PigKnight

First Post
I don't see any reason to think it is Carl. He seems to have gotten his head screwed on mostly straight, at the moment.

The girl who named "Nick" is certainly a contender. But the "sneak outside with a flashlight" seems a bit out of character. If she knew that she had to sneak to feed a walker, she wouldn't be asking "Why did they kill Nick?"

I'm guessing the Governor has an operative inside the prison, who was instructed to do it to destroy the burgeoning community.
I think it's the girl that said "People kill people too." She might be dull enough to think that walkers are people, but she can see that people don't like walkers.

NewJeffCT

First Post

They were going to have to kill the pigs anyways, just in case it was some sort of swine flu - Hershel and the nameless doctor guy there both had kind of implied it earlier.

That said, if there were no swine flu possible, they could have done what Merle did last season - play the music loud in the car and have the walkers slowly follow them.. drive another 15-20 meters, stop, then drive again, stop... etc, etc.

It was hard to watch, though.

In reading the article, though, it seems they're trying to manufacture a crisis - the quotes they used didn't say it was outrageous they killed the pigs, just a few people commenting on the pig deaths affecting them more than the humans. "I understand that the pigs were infected but killing them for the zombies still upsets me," wrote Bilbo Murphy.

Last edited:

Remove ads