The Walking Dead 4.5 "Internment" (spoiler alert)

PigKnight

First Post
Man, i must be getting old becaus i had to look up 'god modding' and 'hax' :).

I dont know, he has always been pretty tough, just no very aggressive (he was a farmer, survived out in the wild like everyone else and has a pretty husky build, plus he was the one just standing there blasting zombies at the end of season two). Him not getting sick (and others like rick, maggie and daryl not getting sick) i just chalked up to them being immune. He does seem to be getting by on that fake leg a little too essily though, but i honestly have no idea how much that affects movement. Him lifting the zombie over the rail was awesome, that i would not change. I like what they have been doing with herschel the past two seasons.
He god modded before. Remember the solid 56 seconds of shotgun fire without reloading?

He god modded before. Remember the solid 56 seconds of shotgun fire without reloading?

I am not going to defend the shotgun scene, largely because I know nothing about shotguns and I seem to recall him not reloading during that fight. But that always struck me as more bad editing/writing/etc, not an attempt to make him some kind of invincible character. In the last episode, I think the stuff they had him surviving was all pretty reasonable and comparable to other main characters. Again my only criticism is they seem to handwave his foot a bit. But either way, Internment impressed me thoroughly and I think Herschel has been a great character in the show.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That's not god modding. That's having taken a level of the "Badass" Prestige class. One of the class features is the ability to ignore certain real world concerns on occasion.

One of the drawbacks of the class is that you must also take either a psychological or physical flaw with each level. So, Hershel lost his leg, and has "Compassion-driven". Daryl has "Abused as child" and "uneducated". The Governor lost an eye, and has taken a few that stack up to "Bat-guano crazy" and so on.

That's not god modding. That's having taken a level of the "Badass" Prestige class. One of the class features is the ability to ignore certain real world concerns on occasion.

One of the drawbacks of the class is that you must also take either a psychological or physical flaw with each level. So, Hershel lost his leg, and has "Compassion-driven". Daryl has "Abused as child" and "uneducated". The Governor lost an eye, and has taken a few that stack up to "Bat-guano crazy" and so on.
That makes sense. Even Rick has some kind of Hallucinations flaw going on. Merle had to lose his hand for all that sniper skill I am guessing. :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That makes sense. Even Rick has some kind of Hallucinations flaw going on. Merle had to lose his hand for all that sniper skill I am guessing. :)

Mearle had already taken at least one level before that - what with his psychopathic behavior and all.

Richards

Legend
Again my only criticism is they seem to handwave his foot a bit.
You think so? He seems to limp a bit when he's walking, and when he walks up the stairs he always steps up with one foot and then brings the other foot up to that step before moving on to the next one. I think they've done a fair job in reminding us that he has one fake leg.

I was a bit disappointed not to get to see the unavoidable Rick/Daryl confrontation over Carol, but I can't really blame Rick for wanting to put it off.

And I love the Governor's background music. I knew he'd be showing up on screen seconds before we actually saw him there at the end, once they started that "thump-thump, thump-thump" tune of his.

Johnathan

PigKnight

First Post
[sblock] hKshfmt.jpg[/sblock]

Remove ads