The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Shayuri

First Post
"I think we've heard enough for now," Whisper says lightly. Then she adds, "And I think he's heard enough too. If we're going to discuss plans, we should do it after we do whatever we're going to do with him."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"I think we've heard enough for now," Whisper says lightly. Then she adds, "And I think he's heard enough too. If we're going to discuss plans, we should do it after we do whatever we're going to do with him."

Midian nods. "Do we still have sleep magic?" he says. "Let's knock him out, one way or another, then between my herb lore and Kraken's knowledge of the island, I'm sure we can blame his sleepiness on some native exotic plant. That gets us to the captain without having to worry about him spilling the beans. Then when he 'wakes up' as Whisper, he can confirm it himself."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Or I could smack him on the head," says Kraken with perhaps too much relish. "We could blame that on a falling coconut."

Assuming we somehow render the prisoner unconscious, or once we are out of earshot, Kraken turns to the others.

"These names he mentioned mean nothing to me. I assume you know of them? Are they important members of your crew?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Once out of earshot, Doral adds, "He was lying about Ruoark being involved and was trying to throw us off. It is just him and Kevik for what I was able to detect, so I through in the accusation about his comrade. Also he wants to make it out of this thing alive and is a bit desperate. Kevik is a merc archer, and it seems they signal the enemy with signal fire near a tidal pool a mile away from the ship."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper frowns. "I hope they're not both supposed to attend this meeting. I suppose I can come up with an excuse for him not being there if it comes to that."

Still wearing the traitor's face "he" smiles at Doral. "That's a handy spell you have there. I'm tempted to try to develop it for myself. Anyway, are we clear on the plan now?"

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive uses his magic headgear to take a resemblance of Kevik.
"I said I could do this. Not as good as you, but if it helps... Some of the others should make sure, that the real Kevik gives no signal as long as we are out there."

[sblock=ooc]
Disguise: (with magic item): +12 (+14 for acting in character)
can we take 20 before we go?
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Okay so Whisper is going to take the form of Buriss, your prisoner, and plans on attending the meeting tonight. Are you going back to camp and try to blend in as him? What are you doing with the real Buriss?
Glaive is going to impersonate Kevik for the meeting. You think Kevik will either be at the camp or back on the boat (since tonight is the last night on shore). Are you going to try and eliminate or capture him, or get him before he gets to the meeting.

I'll be gone on vacation until next wednesday and not I'm sure on internet access, so I'm hoping to get a post up before I leave tomorrow. Let me know!

jkason

First Post
OOC: Midian had suggested knocking Buriss out (magically or otherwise) and acting like he'd taken ill from some native plant. That lets us take him to the captain, inform the captain, then say we healed him with our herb lore (really Whisper taking his place).

As for the meeting, Midian still has a wildshape. He'd suggested taking a dog or seagull form to be close, but he could do the same thing to keep an eye on the real Kevik, as well.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"My dear, I would be happy to instruct you on anything you wish," Doral says with a grin and a slight bow. "Shall we knock out our prisoner, roll him up in some blankets and bedrolls, and take him back under wraps while you disguise yourself as him?"

Remove ads