The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian circles in the sky, angling to bring himself in over Whisper's current form. He'll wait until he sees a signal that the coast is clear before lowering to her and resuming his human form.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
You lose sight of the cultist and its undead minions amid the large rocks and scrub brush along the shore as you move farther away. You catch a glimpse of movement farther up the beach as the other party makes its way into the jungle along the slope. Soon you are safely hidden from view past and are able to huddle up to converse.

jkason

First Post

Midian lands near the party, but waits for them to speak about what they saw and heard before he relinquishes his last beast-form for the day.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper pauses just long enough to do a headcount, then quickly urges everyone back along towards the ship...not wanting to test the patience of the forces they'd witnessed.

"What are your thoughts?" she asked tersely. "I have some ideas, but I want to hear yours first."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I'm thinking that I should have found a different contract," Doral answers with a wry grin. "How smart do you suppose those undead are? Do we have the time to make pit traps and would they be of help?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"They were smarter than yer typical deadfella," says Kraken. "But those ones we've faced before still seemed to chase after things that they could kill or destroy. Remember that your make-believe fat man had them chasing him? I'm concerned about this Shadow of the Deep thing - we don't want to lose your ship, eh? I've got some power from the Storm Spirits but... but not nearly enough to do anything bloody useful," he adds with a frown. "I ain't got any ideas other than hit these buggers where it hurts, so let's hear what you've got, miss."

jkason

First Post

Midian's form stretches and shifts, feathers giving way to clothing. His voice is hoarse at first.

"I'm not convinced we fooled them as well as we might wish," he says. "There were several more of those undead still crouching out of sight during the meeting. Perhaps that's normal, or perhaps they wanted us to underestimate their numbers."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"They had no reason to let us get away if they had any doubt," Whisper said...though that news was unsettling to her. "Nothing to gain, and potentially a lot to lose."

"As for my idea...unless we have the necessary powers to fight a sea monster, we may find it a better plan simply to evacuate the ship for now. Then, while the skeleton army advances on an abandoned campsite, we can go to the ambush site and try to turn the tables with an ambush of our own."

jkason

First Post

"They had no reason to let us get away if they had any doubt," Whisper said...though that news was unsettling to her. "Nothing to gain, and potentially a lot to lose."

"As for my idea...unless we have the necessary powers to fight a sea monster, we may find it a better plan simply to evacuate the ship for now. Then, while the skeleton army advances on an abandoned campsite, we can go to the ambush site and try to turn the tables with an ambush of our own."

Midian nods. "It's probably our best option, though I've exhausted my access to a beast's form until I can commune again in the morning, and I have no messaging magics. How do we warn the ship without drawing the attention of ... those things?"

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper shook her head.

"No time for pretense now, I think. We'll just have to hope we're not being watched, and that there's no more of these cultists hidden among the crew. Or if there are, that they have no way to communicate what's happening instantly."

Remove ads