The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
After giving Henrick a concerned, long look, Doral walks closer to the far wall, slipping on his goggles in order to see if anything is hidden.

Henrick had said that the earth shard would be on the opposite side of the ship, farther away from the water shard. But he also mentioned that it would be in the forward, armored section near the bowels of the ship. Doral did not enjoy the thought of climbing down lower due to the creatures he heard below, but the job would have to be complete regardless of his feelings.

OOC:
I wasn't sure what to roll for Linguistics, so I rolled a DC20+4 for Doral's intelligence. He missed: 1d20+4=11

Doral will now go forward and look out for the door to the next section, moving quietly as he goes and looking for any hidden unpleasantness along the catwalk. 33 for moving silently, and 26 for perception.

1d20+18=33, 1d20+19=26

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian almost didn't notice the shift in himself as the water elemental energies pervaded the group. Then he realized that his watery extremities were now flowing with ice crystals, much like when he calls on cold nature magics.

"Well, that's a pleasant change, even if it is a bit wetter than we're used to," he says.

Up on the catwalk, the druid finds himself holding back visible revulsion at the webbing and pustules which seem to cover the wall.

"They're feeding parts to ... something," he whispers to those of his companions hampered by the darkness. "Looks like it grew right out of the ship itself."

He holds back, allowing Doral to use his natural stealth to scout ahead, trying not to let his own disgust and concern show, given Henrick's rising panic.

[sblock=ooc]Since he's already in Water elemental form, and Midian actually doesn't have magic weapons or armor, the +1d6 cold on slams seems an easy choice for him. :) [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Full Sheet
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 82/66 (+16 from Water Elemental con bump)      
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19
Medium Air Elemental AC: 20, Darkvision 60', fly 60 (perfect), Reflex save: +8
[b]Medium Water Elemental:[/b] AC 20, Fort save: +11, +2 HP / level (con bump), Darkvision 60', Swim 60'

Conditions:  
 Midian: Wild Shape (Medium Water Elemental) (8 hours)
 Midian: Ant Haul (16 hours): new Carrying Capacity limits: 174, 348, 525
 Full Party: Negate Aroma & Pass Without Trace (both 8 hours), 
 Doral & Kraken: Water Breathing (8 hours each)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3 (Wildshape: 0)    
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

Special: +1d6 cold damage on slam attacks in Water Elemental form (shard exposure).

[b]Surge:[/b] 6/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Detect Aberration, Liberating Command, [s]Negate Aroma[/s], [s]Pass Without Trace[/s], Ray of Sickening, [s]Ant Haul[/s], Obscuring Mist (D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Soften Earth and Stone, Stone Call, **Frigid Touch, Resist Energy, Slipstream (D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Hide Campsite, Aqueous Orb, Spider Climb (Communal), **Call Lightning*, [s]Water Walk[/s] (D)
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : [s]Freedom of Movement[/s], Dispel Magic, [s]**Ball Lightning[/s], [s]Control Water[/s] (D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining

Used: Scroll of Water Breathing[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Easy mate," says Kraken, putting a hand on Hendricks' shoulder. There is concern in his voice, but also a note of warning. With the other hand he draws his falchion, noting with a frown the water that drips from the blade. "Hope this thing's not buggered, eh?" he adds to no-one in particular.

[sblock=OOC]
The icy property on his falchion suits Kraken's background nicely, I think.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Whisper can't actually turn into elementals, even with magic. Not yet. :) I guess I could pin the effect to her dagger, though she never uses that. Eh.)

Whisper looks down at the pulsating maw, and while her face is schooled to stillness, as ever, her eyes cannot disguise the digust and loathing she feels.

"I wonder if that's its main body," she muses softly. "A few fireballs thrown down its throat might end this for good."

jkason

First Post

The druid's watery form hesitates as Whisper's musing.

"You think it would expose itself so far up?" he wonders himself softly, his bubbling voice holding an edge of hope. "I've got a few lightning bolts I'd happily feed it if we thought so, but I'm worried it's just an especially large outgrowth."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Doral moves forward to the far end of the catwalk. At the wall it turns to your left and continues about sixty feet, then descends to a landing a few feet above the ground level. There is a door on the landing with a broken glass window. You can see a slightly brighter light through the window that looks like moonlight. Just before the landing however you can see more of those tumor like growths all over the walkway. They are connected together by thick veins about the size of a small rope. You could move through it slowly to not disturb growths if you were careful enough.

Main Group
The creature protrudes from the ground about two feet and is about four feet around. The flooring around it is pushed up and broken reminding you of a tree root breaking through a street. While you wait for Doral to return you can count at least four of the creatures nearby at any one time though there are surely others throughout the warehouse judging by their comings and goings. There are numerous crates stacked up and other objects covered in thick tarps. From the ceiling dangle chains, ropes, and pulleys on rails for moving equipment around the structure.
Henrick cowers in place, covers his ears, and squeezes his eyes shut to block out the horror below him.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Infested Crewmen perception check (1d20+12=23) vs Doral
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral returns to the group and frowns deeply as he sees the state Henrick is in. He leans in to whisper to the party, "There is a door that leads out of this section, and to an area that appears to be moonlit. Of course nothing is simple, as the means of egress is partially obstructed by a network of this alien growth. Traversing without disturbing the growth is possible, though not without risk of failure." He stresses the last part as Doral looks meaningfully at Henrick. "Mayhaps we forgo with my preferred method of stealth and set an ambush instead in order to cleanse this place before pushing onwards. I am unsure if all of us can remain silent much longer."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Sense Motive DC12
[SBLOCK]
You notice Henrick raise his head slightly at the mention of a way out. His jaw clenches and his eyes take on a fixed stare with a hint of madness in them. He is looking down the walkway that Doral just returned from. You can see that he is gathering his feet underneath him as if preparing to bolt for the exit.
After being trapped in the ship, seeing his companions die, and surrounded by twisted crewmen waiting to kill or infest him it is no surprise that he would take the first available escape route offered to him.
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post

Midian wipes his hands down his front, and his watery body sloughs off like he's turned off a rain shower. Human again, he whispers to Doral, "What I wouldn't give for a nap right now, eh?" with a meaningful look toward Henrick. Then he places himself in Henrick's path.

"Friend, if you run, you'll wind up caught in one of those pustules," he whispers in what he hopes is a steady tone. "But I have ways to get us around those things, if you can only hold on a few more moments."

Midian looks back to Doral. "Does the growth cover the whole wall?" he asks. "I have a way to grant us a spider's wall climbing for a short time, or I can take on a flying form and ferry us over if need be. Though probably some before others."

[sblock=ooc]Wild Shape back to human. I don't figure Henrick's as likely to respond well to a walking blob of water as he is a human.

Midian has Communal Spider Climb prepared if there's a decent path along the wall. If not, he can take on an Air Elemental form. With Ant Haul still active, he can probably take two people at a time over the obstructed area.

Also, Ant Haul probably means he can carry a sleeping Henrick if the guy happened to fall into a Silent Sleep spell. ;) [/sblock]

Sense Motive. (1d20+6=19)

[sblock=mini-stats]Full Sheet
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 82/66 (+16 from Water Elemental con bump)      
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19
Medium Air Elemental AC: 20, Darkvision 60', fly 60 (perfect), from Ref +4 bump: Reflex save to +8, CMD to 24
Medium Water Elemental: AC 20, Fort save: +11, +2 HP / level (con bump), Darkvision 60', Swim 60'

Conditions:  
 Midian: Ant Haul (16 hours): new Carrying Capacity limits: 174, 348, 525
 Full Party: Negate Aroma & Pass Without Trace (both 8 hours), 
 Doral & Kraken: Water Breathing (8 hours each)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3 (Wildshape: 0)    
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

Special: +1d6 cold damage on slam attacks in Water Elemental form (shard exposure).

[b]Surge:[/b] 6/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Detect Aberration, Liberating Command, [s]Negate Aroma[/s], [s]Pass Without Trace[/s], Ray of Sickening, [s]Ant Haul[/s], Obscuring Mist (D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Soften Earth and Stone, Stone Call, **Frigid Touch, Resist Energy, Slipstream (D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Hide Campsite, Aqueous Orb, Spider Climb (Communal), **Call Lightning*, [s]Water Walk[/s] (D)
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : [s]Freedom of Movement[/s], Dispel Magic, [s]**Ball Lightning[/s], [s]Control Water[/s] (D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining

Used: Scroll of Water Breathing[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
The wall has a lighter concentration of the growths than the walkway at the end. You can probably navigate it at half speed without having to pass too close to any of them.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads