The Weavings of a Different Wheel (Orichin's custom WoT campaign)

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
In Caerhien, we put daggers in people, not doors. Enough of this. Audrey concentrates on the man's bones and muscles — when she was young, she had, when she was very scared or frightened, found that she was able to perform a rather severe mischief on any assailants, dislocating fingers and causing rather nasty looking bruises. Although she hadn't used the One Power to this end since coming to the Tower (by choice, mostly, although she wasn't sure she was really capable of doing such things all the time, either), Audrey hoped that it would work for her now [rend, roll of 11 damage on 2d8+3]. She then moves away from the door, towards her left, going as far as she can [30 ft. move], making sure she keeps her head turned towards the aisle the man is in.

Zweischneid

First Post
Seeing the small human reel and stumble from the blow and feeling confident of his victory, the short-legged Trolloc roared with triumph. Even snarling at his limping clanmate, who would steal his kill, the brute moved forward to collect his well-earned trophy.
Intend on cleaving the dazed woman apart he raised his scythe-sword high over his head, gaining leverage for a mighty killing blow, when a spike of red-hot pain stopped him dead in his tracks.
Instantly dark blood filled his toothy maw and the vicious blade dropped from his grasp, sticking upright in the soil behind the beastman.
Looking down the Trolloc noticed the short end of a spear protruding from his abdomen. Taking her probably last chance, the wounded Aiel had sprang forward in a final and desperate attack, driving her spear fully through the massive beastman with all her strength.

His stubby legs buckling out under him, the Trolloc dropped to his knees, coming face to face with the cold and merciless blue eyes of the Aiel Maiden who still held on the blood-soaked spear. Blue eyes that would be the last thing the Trolloc ever saw as his own eyes glazed over and he dropped heavily to the soft ground.

((Attack (the nice one) d20(20)+7= 27 / confirm d20(16)+7= 23 / Damage 3d6(14)+6= 20))

Blood flowing from the gash at her hip, her breath laboring heavily, Hanjia grips her last spear and faces the remaining Trolloc with a hateful stare, daring him to strike, ready to dance the spears till the end.

---------------------------------------​

Continued Combat:
No matter if the last Trollocs flees or stands his ground, Hanjia will bite down her pain and try to kill the brute if possible.

Some more melee attacks for the next 3 rounds:

2. Attack d20(17)+7= 24 / Damage d6(3)+2= 5
3. Attack d20(9)+7= 16 / Damage d6(5)+2= 7
4. Attack d20(12)+7= 19 / Damage d6(3)+2= 5

Last edited:

Orichin

First Post
Hanjia:
The world bobbed up and down with Hanjia's breathing. Though she was clearly winded, the ire in her eyes and 2 feet of blood coating her spear made the trolloc second guess his choice to attack rather than run. The trolloc made a sound that might have passed for a whimper among 10-foot tall, 400 pound monsters. To Hanjia it came across as an ominous growl.
The second horn answered the first again in the distance, but the sounds seemed to be getting closer.
Tearing the wickedly spiked axe from the earth with a great divot of leaves and dirt, the trolloc swung again and roared with rage as the maiden dodged another of his clumsy attacks.

OOC: nice rolling so far. last trolloc swings and misses. A check was made with results withheld.

Al'Shain:
"Half a bloody fist." Al'Shain muttered to himself as he knocked another arrow. "And only 23 arrows left. And who knows how many are blowing those light-forsaken horns."
The driver spotted the trollocs as the carriage was rounding a bend a few miles back, they had been camped for the day, not far from the seldom-used road. Having never seen trollocs before, the driver stopped the carriage on the top of a hill to look at the valley between hillls that was blackened by the shadowspawn's camp. Al'Shain had commanded in no uncertain terms that the driver was to make top speed away from the camp. It was too late, though, the trollocs were already stirring by the time the carriage began rolling away.
There had been a Myrddraal, too. That's what had spooked the horses so. Generally a team of horses has the training to follow the whip in spite of trollocs, but the Look of The Eyeless is fear, and it's said that a Fade can scare any normal animal to death. Where the Eyeless One had gone Al'Shain couldn't see. It had galloped off into the woods to the east after harrying the carriage long enough for the trollocs to start catching up.
Al'Shain felt the carriage shudder as it finally left the grass and underbrush and met the hard clay of the road. Loosing another arrow into the charging mass of trollocs, Al'Shain silently cused the driver's ignorance, and fate in general for this cruel twist.
Pulling the second from the last arrow from his first of two quivers, Al'Shain watched his arrow glance off the next nearest trolloc's metal pauldron and skitter along the road harmlessly. The man with the crossbow had an easier time with the trolloc's armor, as evident by a quarrel punching through the center of one beast's chestplate and felling the horrid creature.

OOC: Waited a while to post, if you've put up a reply by the time I finish writing the entry I'll go back and edit this..
combat: Since it's pretty much the only thing to do until the trollocs close in a bit, I'm assuming you fire another arrow. An attack roll of 4+7 missed, the npc with the crossbow hit and killed another trolloc, currently none are injured and there are only 2 in the front rank closest to the carriage, whom will advance to within 5 feet of the back of the carriage next round.

Audrey:
Still unable to reflexively channel, Audrey had to put her mind to it. Focusing on the energy surging within her, Audrey was rudely awakened as her concentration is rocked. Closing her eyes always helped in the classroom, but Audrey decided she'd never try that again, wondering if she chipped a tooth.
Audrey became a riverbank in her mind. Moldable, not rigid; but able to alter the flow of Saidar like the riverbank channels water. Coerceing threads of Air to weave themselves into a complex pattern of Water and Spirit about her attacker's body. The riverbank shifted. The river shifted with it. A sickening tearing sound issued forth from the man's gut as he stumbled with pain. Taking her chance, Audrey sidestepped to her left. Her assailant let her go for the moment, having forgotten both her and the piece of wood that he absently clung to as he clutched his abdomen.
Teeth bared and eyes suddenly bloodshot, the gray man glared up at Audrey from halfway across the room, and dashed off toward the direction of the other entrance, quickly disappearing behind a bookshelf.

combat: The gray man made the attack of opportunity as Audrey casts rend, dealing 5 more points of damage. Audrey's concentration check passed with flying colors though, and his fortitude save did not. The gray man withdraws for the moment, leaving Audrey's line of sight, though a listen check reveals that he did not go far, his footsteps grew softer and slower after passing perhaps 2 aisles.

Karl Green

First Post
Al'shain de'Kossin, Borderlander Armsman

[occ] yes sorry about that Orichin... I'll be better ;)[/occ]

Al'shan lets out his breath as slowly as possible breath man, if this is my last day; it will be with a sword in my hand and joy in my heart. He then pulls another arrow from the quiver, winks at the lass holding it, stands, aims and fires in one smooth motion...
Attack roll 19 +7 =26; Damage if he hit 3+3 =6pts

a Myrddraal... he thinks these are dark days indeed if those black hearted servants have made they way into these soft south lands

Old Fezziwig

Audrey sniffs. Now I've done it — where'd he run off to? Of course, if he can't keep his eyes on me, that might be just as good as me not being able to keep my eyes on him. Ducking down one of the nearby aisles [move 30 ft.], she grins and pulls the threads of Air back to her, out of the river, mixing them with threads of fire until she has put them together in a simple screen, hiding herself from view [folded light, 3rd-level weave]. The girl falls silent, listening carefully and watchng for his return, the illusion being, at best, a temporary solution to a greater problem.

Zweischneid

First Post
Dodging and weaving to avoid the Trolloc's frenzied cleaving, Hanjia trys to get herself in a position to strike. Her sharp spear cruelly cutting into the beastmans hide.

((Attack d20(17)+7= 24 / Damage d6(3)+2= 5))

Hearing the second horn once more, her mind races with the possibilites.

Two horns and coming closer.. Arruns signal to fight.. many more of the Shadowspawn to join the fight, a twelfe or fourteen for every one of Arruns man...

A mighty swing by the snarling Trolloc nearly decapitated the young Maiden and snapped her back into the fight.

Kill this one now, worry about the rest later.. she scolded herself. ..or you will no longer worry about anything.

Blood and sweat bluring her sight, her hip stinging painfully with every step, the Maiden kept dancing mainly on instinct and desperation, the stained, crimson spear stabbing and nicking at the Trollocs, drawing blood from the Shadowspans thigh.

((Attack d20(9)+7= 16 / Damage d6(5)+2= 7))

-----------------------------------------​

Melee attacks for the next 2 rounds:
Made two attacks in my post to speed it up a bit and because it just wrote itself that way, Assuming obviously that another Trolloc blow will miss. If it hits Hanjia instead, just add it in later or tell me to edit the post.

4. Attack d20(12)+7= 19 / Damage d6(3)+2= 5
5. Attack d20(18)+7=25 / Damage d6(2)+2= 4
(can't help it *looks embarrased* the dice do roll very nice for me in this game)

Orichin

First Post
Hanjia:
Making a quick jab at the beast's lung cavity, hoping to pierce the cude iron maille the beast had stretched over it's chest, Hanjia tried to quickly weaken the last remaining trolloc with a lung puncture. Unexpectedly, the beast bore down on Hanjia as she struck, while its own weapon was still not into a striking position yet. Her own strength added to the force of the massive brute drove the spear home with ease.
As if the world arcoss the veil moved in slow motion, Hanjia watched the bloody speartip land with its point inside a metal hoop, digging into the padding beneath. The trolloc's weight shifted to its left as its right foot rose off the ground. Hanjia shifted her weight to her right leg, leaning forward and placing the rest of her weight against her thrusting speararm.
The blade drove deeper, splitting the metal link and applying pressure to 2 more joints with the sharpened blade.
The trollocs leg tucked up under its body as the knee moved toward Hanjia. The maiden applied more pressure.
The spearhead split 4 more joints between chain links, cutting a neat slash in the chain shirt.
Blood erupted from the trolloc's chest as Hanjia felt it scrape along a rib bone.
The trolloc's foot swung outward on its stubby leg as the beast raised its spiked axe with its right hand.
Hanjia fully extended her spear arm and pushed the blade the last few inches through soft tissue until it met the underside of the trolloc's shoulder blade as she crouched to spring right and avoid the incoming kick.
The spear slid out even more easily than it had punched in as Hanjia felt her opponent's furry foot brush the leg of her cadin'sornear the gouge on her hip.
Hanjia tucked her head and right shoulder to the ground to roll; it was out of her line of vision, but the axe should have been descending at that moment, so continuing to move would be a good idea.
The trolloc though, showing unusual cunning for its kind, had expected this maneuver and further sped his flurry of attacks and rather than chopping with the axe as it was meant to be used, he used his long reach to pull the axe almost handle first toward Hanjia, hooking the skin above her left shoulderblade with the lower edge of the crescent axeblade.
Hanjia felt her cadin'sor give way as the world sped up again.
Twisting vicously, the trolloc hooked the flesh covering Hanjia's shoulderblade and tore the axe out; the unsharpened inner arc of the axe's beard tearing a path through Hanjia's skin that would undoubtedly leave an impressive scar. Hanjia completed her roll, coming to her feet and bouncing a few inches off the ground with her good leg to stop her forward momentum and continue the fight.

combat: Hanjia's attack hits, and the trolloc's attack rolls a natural 20, but fails to confirm the critical hit; dealing 8 damage

Al'Shain:
Like a trick shooter's, Al'Shain's bow rises from the side of the carriage in one slow arc as he knocks, squares, sights, and fires the arrow. And, like a trick shooter's, the arrow strikes the heel of the palm on the clenched fist tattooed on the trolloc's clavicle.
Caughing up a gout of blood, the trolloc falls behind a few steps, only to redouble its efforts to catch its prey. Long legs pumping furiously, the trolloc reaches its clawed hand out toward the luggage rack attached to the rear of the carriage.
"The moment is here." Al'Shain warned himself in his mind. "They've caught us."

combat: Al'Shain's attack hit. The trollocs have all advanced 5 feet, and next round the first rank will begin making climb checks in attempt to board the carriage.

Audrey:
Weaving the complex web around herself, Audrey kept her eyes wide for the intruder.
All was quiet, except for the wind howling through the crack in the glass of the nearby window. Not howling, really, without saidar augmenting her senses, Audrey doubted she would have heard it without her ear inches from the glass.
Enticing the flows of fire and air around her to condense within their pattern, Audrey finalized the weave to make a person's sight seem to bend around her. She was now as invisable as her assailant had been when this deadly little game began.

combat: 4 rolls have been made, results withheld. Weave casting was successful. No sign of the gray man.

Karl Green

First Post
Al'shain de'Kossin, broderlander armsman

[occ] question Orichin
Are we going any faster on the road? I am hoping with us on the road, we might be able to better outrun the Trollocs... just wondering ;)

Al'shain shakes his head, hands the bow to the girl smiling lightly... and sadly... and draws his swords from his shoulder sheaths Light above, strengthen my arms that I might take as many of these scum with me as I might... accept my unworthy soul into your light...protect these poor people when I am gone. He then stands and stabs with one of the blades into the closes creature (any reaching for the coach)...
Attack roll 12 +9 =21 to hit, Damage is 1d8 +5 = 10 points

Zweischneid

First Post
Dazed momentarily from the bloody exchange of blows, Hanjia again faced the Trolloc across the short expanse of the little clearing. Both of them equally distressed to see the other one still breathing.

Her buckler ready and the spear poised to strike Hanjia falls into a slow sideway stalk, circeling around the towering Trolloc who kept matching her step for step with a sneering grimace, made only more dreadful by the foamy bright-red lung blood smeared across the beastmans muzzle.

The clang of metal striking metal and the two enemies heavy breathing being the only sound to be heard, the Maiden lashed out twice more with her deadly spear. The quick feints to try the Brute quickly confirmed to Hanjia that the Trollocs defenses were sound and good, just as those of any healthy fighting man would be. This one would not give in of his wounds just yet. Even worse, she could feel her own arm numbing and weaken from the grisly gash in her shoulder, her steps limping and slowing due to her wounded hip.

Time to finish this.. either way!
the Maiden thought to herself. The thought, as grim as it was, gave Hanjia new resolve.

'..to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last Day'
she growled below her veil, her blue eyes gleaming with belligerently. Finding both strength and vigor in the ancient oath she hurled herself forward. Coming in low the Maiden skipped to the Trollocs left to bypass the expected low parry and leaped up high. Twisting her body in mid-air she drove the spearpoint forward, delivering a vicious cut to the brutes thick neck before landing catlike in a low crouch behind Trolloc.

((Attack d20(12)+7= 19 / Damage d6(3)+2= 5))

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Audrey waits, hoping her opponent will get sick of looking for her before she gets sick of hiding. She ties of the weave and settles in, staying alert for any sign of the man. If she deems it safe, she'll take a moment to examine and heal her bruises [renew at 3rd level, heals 5 subdual damage, lasts 4 hours].

OOC: Just a heads up that I'm probably going to be incommunicado for most of the weekend — I have company coming. Should be back and ready to post again on Sunday night.

Remove ads