• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Wheel of time has ended...

AllisterH

First Post
Robert Jordan has passed away, as a result of amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy.

I know at times I got frustrated with Jordan since he seemed to be padding his series, but I still remember the early Jordan and I'm stunned.

I always thought I would have Jordan at least writing Conan stories in the meantime...

Friadoc

Explorer
When Jordan announced his health issues, the March before last, I was so sure he'd win, his hope was that infectious.

For me the bittersweet relationship between reader and author lightened the more I read the man's blog after his announcement, the years of impatience disappeared because of something truly important. He could have never put another word on paper again, so long as he lived and won.

For now, Mr. Jordan can put the mountain down for awhile.

My thoughts, respects, and best wishes to his family and friends.

AnonymousOne

First Post
Speculation that someone will pick up and finish the series? I admit that I found the whole thing tedious after a while but I would love to have someone finish the series and the whole thing would make for an interesting, if lengthy, summer read.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Not unexpected...but regrettable.

My condolences to Mr. Rigney's family.

Does anyone know if he advised his publisher as to his overall plot outline for the last two novels? Where the story was to go, and all that?

With the plot details, I am sure an author could be found to finish the Wheel of Time in a Jordanesque pastiche. It would not be the same of course, but it would provide some closure.

Dav

First Post
There were already plans if he died before the last book.

From what I remember, he's written enough notes and stuff that his wife (who is his editor) can and will finish it.

We should get that book within a year or two, barring anything unforeseen.

Treebore

First Post
Dav said:
There were already plans if he died before the last book.

From what I remember, he's written enough notes and stuff that his wife (who is his editor) can and will finish it.

We should get that book within a year or two, barring anything unforeseen.

Yes. Robert had said numerous times that his wife has "ghost written" the whole series, and she will be the one who finishes it. Book 12 was almost finished by Robert anyways.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Frustration would not begin to detail my impaitence at times with the series, not only the waiting for the books but the way the series was going.

Nontheless I enjoyed the first few immensely and was waiting for the series to be finished before delving back into the series.

The Wheel of Time RPG had a lot of interesting mechanics and great art and maps. The visual guide to the old Wheel was used by many of my friends for character references and ideas.

Thanks for the years of inspiriation.

Remove ads