• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Whispering Cairn - Bronzewood Lodge Group - IC

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Tac wastes no time once he sees the insects gathering. He lobs the acid flask in his hand, where it smashes into the corner swarm, its contents searing the swarm's constituents.

OOC: Okay, hope I did this right. Acid to I6. 10' range, means I'm one increment out, so -2 to the attack. +4-2 = +2. Looks like it hits, does full damage, and I think the swarm then takes 3 more point since three other of its squares are in the splash radius, so total 9 points acid damage?

First time using a splash weapon, so feel free to adjust as necessary.

Acid to I6; Acid damage to primary square. (1d20+2=19, 1d6=6)

jackslate45

First Post
"More Bugs?! I thought we killed that other bug!"

Pointing at the larger bug, Glimnock says "Shoo bug don't bother me! Because you don't belong to anybody!"

[sblock=Glimnock]
HP: 12/12
Hero Points: 2/2

Ini: +2 - AC: 13
CMB:+0 - CMD: 9
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +1

Sorcerer Spells: DC = 10 + spell level + 4 [CHA]
Cantrips:
Level 0: Acid Splash, Detect magic, Ghost Sound (DC 14), Light
Level 1(3/4): Color Spray (DC 15), Magic Missile
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
who is carrying the other acid? Hope not Dorian, as he has one of the worst ranged attacks in the group... small and dexterous is good...
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
who is carrying the other acid? Hope not Dorian, as he has one of the worst ranged attacks in the group... small and dexterous is good...
[/sblock]

[sblock]
Glimnock would have it, but would not be carrying it yet. With only a standard or move I thought it was easier to Magic Missile the other than waste a round drawing it.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
OOC: I believe we bought 10 vials, so 2 each, with the option for folks with poor ranged attacks to pawn their share off on the higher DEX characters. So Tac should have one more, and if Dorian wouldn't have had any, he may have one or more extra, then.

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

"Obad-Hai, bless our aim!" Dorian intones and readies his shield..

[sblock=OOC]

move: ready shield
standard: cast bless

---

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13

Channel Energy: 4/4
Predator's Grace: 5/5
Enlarge: 5/5

Ini: +2 - AC: 20
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Tac's vial of acid flies true and breaks at the heart of the swarm. The burning acid causes the newly forming threat to break up and spread out as Karlous moves into the room.

"Great work!"
Karlous exclaims as he carefully enters the room. "I'll distract the big bug you all come rushing in and surround it after it comes to attack me."

Dorian calls upon the blesses of his god as Korr states, "Since the swarm is gone, I'll watch the rear." The half-orc readies his bow, but still tries to keep an eye on the others.

Glimnoc's magic bolt hits the over-sized beetle and it screeches as it starts to move forward. "That's it come to..."

The beetle halts and a spray of light green acid burst cone shaped at the warrior.

"...papa?!"

[sblock=OCC] Swarms take no splash damage from splash weapons. They instead take an additional 50% dmg. So your 6 did become a 9 after all (and their exact HP to boot).

WD - this was a surprise round so you could have only did one of the actions you posted. I figured the bless would have been your choice to get done first.

The beetle went for his round one actions - now the party is up. Monster is AC 16 HP 8/13

BLESS IN EFFECT FOR EVERYONE. [/sblock]

Attachments

• AoW-BLG lvl2-3.jpg
    AoW-BLG lvl2-3.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

Dorian readies his weapon and shield for the fight.

[sblock=OOC]

move: ready shield
standard: ready morningstar

---

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13

Channel Energy: 4/4
Predator's Grace: 5/5
Enlarge: 5/5

Ini: +2 - AC: 20
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Not sure your character would be walking around a dungeon - with a known swarm somewhere - without his weapon in hand. It is totally your call on that WD as you know your character, but if I were walking in a dark dungeon my mace would make me feel a whole lot better while I was holding it.

Remove ads