• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Whispering Cairn (Team Diamond Lake) - IC

s@squ@tch

First Post
Zeke

Zeke rushes forward, past the others and even past the eye-tendon thing, hoping not to be touched by the unnatural thing.

OOC: move to H4 or H5, whichever is free. Also, Know(religion) check (+4)to see if that thing might be undead?

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Top of Round 2

[sblock=Combat]
Listed in INIT order.
Code:
[U]Character          AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Galyne             16   [COLOR=Yellow]8[/COLOR]  axe/none
Kendren            19  13  l.sword&shield/none
[COLOR=White]Aria               [/COLOR][COLOR=White]13   8  c.bow/[COLOR=DarkOrchid][I]poisoned[/I][/COLOR] (STR -1)[/COLOR]
monster            16  11  none/none
Eldariel           17   [COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR]  c.blade/none              
Zeke               17   [COLOR=Yellow]8[/COLOR]  m.star&shield/none
Jules              19  10  rapier&shortsword/[COLOR=DarkOrchid][I]poisoned[/I][/COLOR] (STR -1)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Holding Breath]
At the beginning of your turn you will need to make a CON check (DC 10 + 1 for each previous check) to continue to hold your breath. Failure and still being in the room means you need to make the DC 13 Fort save again.

Those who aren't holding their breath (Galyne) may try again and will have a -4 to their total rounds due to not being able to take a deep breath before hand. If you get your 50% roll no need for a Fort save. If not you will have to make another until you are out of the room.

Those effected by the poison (Jules) may not be again. You will have to make a second save soon. Failure means another -1 STR and a third save will have to be attempted.

Holding Breath Rounds:
Aira = na
Kendren = na
Eldariel = na
Zeke = na
Jules = na
Galyne = na[/sblock]

Attachments

• AoW-TDL rd2.jpg
    AoW-TDL rd2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 52

ghostcat

First Post
Gaylne does not waste any time in attacking the monster with his axe. Taking a two-handed swing he slices through the space it was in as it dodges out of the way.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Zeke

The young priest, having achieved what he thinks is quite a tactical position, swings his morningstar at the eye creature, but his swing sails wide and high, banging into the wall.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Combat Over

Galyne and Zeke's swings go wide, possiblily do to the small size of the floating creature. Kendren seeing this sizes up the thing before taking a slice at it.

The creature seems to anticipate the longsword attack and it nimbly dodges it. It is not ready for Kendren to bring his shield around for a swipe at it and the edge of it slices clean through the muscule strand like a hot knife through butter.

Both eyes drop to the floor but since they have no eyelids to close they continue to stare up at the group as they gather over them.

Aria and Jules both move out of the mist filled room coughing.

[sblock=Combat]
Listed in INIT order.
Code:
[U]Character          AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Galyne             16   [COLOR=Yellow]8[/COLOR]  axe/none
Kendren            19  13  l.sword&shield/none
[COLOR=White]Aria               [/COLOR][COLOR=White]13   8  c.bow/[COLOR=DarkOrchid][I]poisoned[/I][/COLOR] (STR -1)[/COLOR]
monster            16  [COLOR=Red]-2[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red][I]dead[/I][/COLOR]
Eldariel           17   [COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR]  c.blade/none              
Zeke               17   [COLOR=Yellow]8[/COLOR]  m.star&shield/none
Jules              19  10  rapier&shortsword/[COLOR=DarkOrchid][I]poisoned[/I][/COLOR] (STR -1)
[/sblock]

NOTE: Acrobatics check did not avoid AoO fitd.

Attachments

• AoW-TDL rd2.7.jpg
    AoW-TDL rd2.7.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Outside of the gas, Aria leans against the cold, slightly moist stone of the crypt, coughing.

"What was that thing?" she gasps. "It looked like...eyes! Eyes outside of a body!"

fireinthedust

Explorer
Mmm, yes, that would seem to be the correct designation. I suspect some form of... undead, given the use of body parts; though an outsider or abberation would not be out of the question. Or even a form of flesh golem... At any rate, let us take in what we can and move forward. I suspect the other end of this hallway may give us some clues as to the nature of the Whispering Cairn.

He takes a look at the statues along the hallway, noting each one, and heads to the other end.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
... At ten foot intervals, small alcoves flank the passage, and each alcove contains an androgynous humaniod figure with cupped hands. The figures stand roughly seven feet tall...
As Eldariel nears the third (and last set of statues) the air around him becomes a bit chiller and the elf can see his breath mist before him. The passage ends at a "T" section allowing the group to go left or right.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads