• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Wieliczka Salt Mines

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I hope people have been looking at the photos but GNOMES!

20_Krasnalezbiorowe.jpg

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Wow, I somehow missed this last year... I have a friend who visited the salt mines while in Poland - they were his favorite part of the entire trip, more than half the photos he brough back were of the mines. He was bragging about how much he fought going to visit the mines, and how glad he was that he had been pressured into it. He had thought that they would just be tunnels lined with salt.

Portions are now closed due to water damage, which is a darned shame. And there is an enormous swimming pool down there as well...

The Auld Grump

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
This has been on the History Channel too, the canals were only closed in the 1970s after some drunk Swedish tourists overturned their boat and drowned, caught under the boat and unable to swim out.

mojo1701

First Post
I was there, man, almost exactly 4 years ago. They are beautiful, and the air, despite being underground, is pure.

I have asthma (and I'm fat), so a long climb down the stairs would've killed me (not literally), but I was amazed at how good I felt afterwards. It is amazing down there! There's even a long staircase and hall which seems like an unearthed lost kingdom.

And since the air is pure down there (due to the salt), they have rehabilitation clinics for people with bad breathing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads