• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The World of Galatea -- FREE CULTURE

Elton Robb

Explorer
Hi everyone,

After being incredibly disgusted with Intellectual Monopolies held by Wizards of the Coast and other companies (you know who you are and you know who they are) I have been hard looking at the Creative Commons movement. After a while, and a lot of hot feelings at what Wizards of the Coast has done in the past (the GSL, uncustomizable DDI, pulling old products); I found Sita Sings the Blues.

Nina Paley released the entire feature length movie into the audience's hands. We, the audience, are the movie's distributors. She lives off of donations and merchandising. She is doing so well that she has paid back her $50,000 loan and is well on target to reaching her goal! And I thought, if this works for her why can't I?

My campaign setting, The World of Galatea: The Caithness Isles will be released online under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. I will set up a way where you can easily give donations to me and I will also be setting up a store to sell spin off merchandise to you!

You will be able to:

* To share, copy, distribute, and transmit my work.

* to remix and adapt my work.

* you must Attribute my work to me.

* you must share alike if you transform, alter, or build upon my work and you may or must distribute the work only under the same, similar or compatible license. Also, any game rules in the work must be distributed under the Open Game License, the Game System License, or a similar license.

Using DRM to distribute the work is prohibited. Locking my work away under Copyright is prohibited and if you do so you will get sued. And remember:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeTybKL1pM4"]Copying is not theft[/ame].

cc-by-sa -- by Nina Paley, 2010. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads