• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The worst Roleplaying game ever!!!

BeholderBurger

First Post
I found a copy of the Monster Horror show which I bought years ago in my youth and remember being utterly diabolical. It was devoid of any rules and imagination. Possibly the worst purchase ever. LOL

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Two rules:

1) Don't get defensive when someone says your favorite game is the worst one ever.

2) Don't disparage people who like the game that you think is the worst ever.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I remeber a very old rpg, I believe it was Kabal. It came out in a small box. Required the use of LOGARITHMS to resolve combat.:p

Last edited:

BeholderBurger

First Post
Sounds a bit like LIVING STEEL and AFTERMATH for maths overload.

Although prize for the most complicated equation in a roleplaying game has to go to Traveller 2300. It had an equation to generate the distance in light years between 2 star systems from its 3 dimensional co-ordinates. I will find it and post later but believe me , it was ridiculous.

Gothmog

First Post
I won't make a comment on FATAL since I haven't actually seen the game, only heard about it- but it sounds like a real stinker.

Synnibar however, I have seen. Its simply the most assanine game I have ever seen, and the worst part is that the guy who wrote it didn't intend it as a joke. I picked up a copy for $5 at a local game store after hearing about it, just to see how bad it is. You know what? $5 is overpaying for it.

RIFTS is also pretty abysmal. While some of the ideas and concepts in RIFTS are cool, the system falls flat on its face. There are huge power disparity levels between characters and classes, and the system is a nightmare to keep up with during play. Pretty much true of all Palladium games, but RIFTS is the worst of the batch.

MERP/Rolemaster (aka Chartmaster) have high learning curves, and unless the GM is familiar with the system, they can be pretty painful. That said, MERP/Rolemaster are really good for more realistic games, but combat does tend to bog down. I like the feel of those systems, but its hard to see past the tables and computations when you play them, which to me kills the ability to get into character.

Remove ads