The Xen'drik Chronicles Chapter 1: Murder at Morgrave

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Ki'shetz! I heard footsteps right after the crash, and a door closing."[/i]
"Right! As did I! Let's go!"

Not wasting any time, Pohl rushes to the west to find the door, then once he's through it he turns to the south and begins scouting for something that might be a leatherish material that would require it to scrape against stone.

OOC: Urban Tracking attempt. Gather Info check=13

reel_big_gish

First Post
Devram's eyes have already aquired a glazy hue to them, assuring Telan that he is quite dead. Oddly enough, apart from some bruising, the toppled bookshelf doesn't seem to be the cause of death. Searching about for what did cause Devram's demise, Telan notices an odd wound on his back. It looks to be almost a stab wound, as from a dagger, although the wound lokos to have been cauterized shut.

Meanwhile...

Pohl heads through the door, finding a cirular staircase descending to, presumably, the vault levels. The door at the bottom of the stairwell is sturdy oak, and locked up tight. A few windows, little more than arrowslits, allow light and air into the otherwise dank passage.

[sblock=Pohl]Urban Tracking doesn't allow you to follow a physical trail a la Tracking. It instead allows you to know who to ask and how to ask it when attempting to track an individual or groupof individuals in a poplulated area.[/sblock]

Watus

First Post
Telan rises from his crouch, brushing non-existant dirt from his trousers, a far-away look in his eyes.

"Fetch the guard," he says to no one in particular. "This man has been murdered."

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Now that the gravity of the situation is dawning on joskar, he seems a bit more perturbed than before. He stands uncomfortably close to the body, without really noticing it. He looks around, still surprised by the action, a look of bewilderment (perhaps amusement?) on his face.

He looks up at Telan's words, and nods. 'Good idea, my friend, though i fail to see what good a guard would do this man now. We should inform them where that man just went, rushing into that doorway,' he says, referring to Pohl, his voice calmer than the situation should warrant. This seems to surprise Joskar himself, who backs off slightly after speaking.

Watus

First Post
Telan looks at Joskar for a moment, uncomprehending. He shakes his head. "Uh, sorry... not the Guard, the what do you call it... the uh... the City Watch. Someone needs to fetch the City Watch."

ByteRynn

First Post
Ethan stands stunned for a moment, taking in the entire scene. He then hears Telan and snaps out of his daze.

"City Watch...right. I'll be right back."

The dragonmark on Ethan's arm glows slightly, and Ethan begins moving very quickly toward the exit, looking for a member of the watch.

OOC: Use dragonmark: expeditous retreat

dog45

First Post
Reg stands in the doorway, his massive frame taking up every spare inch, head slightly cocked to one side. "Heard crash...seen no one. Need more information." With a snap his head comes back to attention and he stomps inside in search of the source of the crash, leaving his post.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Pohl pulls on the oaken door at the bottom of the circular staircase a few times, straining with all his might to open it. [STR check] If he isn't able to yank the door open, he pulls his warhammer off his belt and begins smashing the door right at the door lock in an attempt to bash the door open.

"Come on! Open up! Hhurrraaaggghh! Nnnnnnnnggghhh!!!"

[sblock=DM: ] What kind of check do we want to use then, for following clues in trying to tail someone? Search? Spot? Doesn't matter to me, but I would like some kind of check available. [/sblock]

reel_big_gish

First Post
The University District in Upper Menthis is home to a not inconsiderable amount of wealth and prestige, and as such, it is well-patroled by the Sharn Watch. Ethan makes it roughly halfway across the courtyard in front of the library before locating a pair of men in the red tabards of the Watch, the bear's head plain on their chests. The pair stroll about nonchalantly, halberds cradled in the crooks of their arms, sure that nothing could go wrong in an affluent neighborhood such as this....

Meanwhile, Pohl has made a lucky break in the stairwell. While he finds nothing that could have caused the scraping sound he heard, the loose-fitting stone around one of the bars in a window snagged a large piece of fine-spun brown wool. This is of course odd, mainly because the bars are spaced in such a way that it is doubtful even a halfling could slip through the space between them.

ByteRynn

First Post
"Gentlemen, I am afraid there has been a murder in the library. Please, come quickly! Many of the students...and professors for that matter, are quite distressed."

Remove ads