The Young Ones

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Vyv's got some of the best lines:

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."

Just quality! Saw them all first time around and strangely it was the most accurate depiction of my time as a student that I saw before heading off to university ;)

I liked Bottom too - not as good as the Young Ones but still great comedy. Adrian Edmondson seems to be on virtually everything on UK TV. Only one step away from becoming a "national treasure"!

Last edited:

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Loved the series- one of my favorite BritComs.

I really enjoyed the bits with Alexi Sayle, too. That show got me watching for more of his work.

"Hello John, got a new motor?

I keep tropical fish... in my underpants."

And those were just the song lyrics. :)

Yeah, I loved the show. I was only thinking about it last night remembering how we first watched it in my final year of high school (1985) after channel surfing late one night staying with some friends at their grandparents' place. It became the source of much of our humour for the next several years as many of the lines and scenes became incorporated into our group of friends' private jokes.

Good memories.

(snip) Adrian Edmondson seems to be on virtually everything on UK TV. Only one step away from becoming a "national treasure"!

His wife is an Absolutely Fabulous national treasure. :)

I still love Vyv demanding that Rick "with a silent P" wear a sign around his neck proclaiming he was a virgin and having to pay compensation for lying about it in the first place. :D

Dioltach

Legend
If we're going to start quoting, how about the following from Bottom?

"Gold, Frankenstein and Grrr! And I'm still a virgin!"

"I wonder how much meat you get on a Womble."

"Why do they call you Spudgun?"
"Give me a potato and I'll show you why."
"No Richie, you don't want to see that!"
"So why do they call you Dave Hedgehog?"
"Give me a hedgehog and I'll show you why."

Zardnaar

Legend
I watched it last year and thought it had not aged to well. Also watched Bottom and The New Statesman and thought both have aged better although a basic knowledge of history would help with TNS to get some of the jokes poking fun at Thatcher etc.

Remove ads