D&D General 'Theme song' for game

I use "O' Fortuna" from the opera, *Carmina Burana".

I play it at beginning of every session and I have for decades now.

I ask my players to listen and imagine their PCs doing heroic things, battling mighty foes, etc. Most have found it works well and is inspiring.

But, I know it isn't to everyone's' tastes.

This YouTube is over 5 minutes, but my MP3 is about 3.5 minutes. Still, it might longer than you want.
THAT's a classic, yeah. Not sure I'd go for that, it is certainly longer than I want (which can be remedied). Not sure it's the vibe I'm wanting to feel though.
Good input, either way. Thanks. :)

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
THAT's a classic, yeah. Not sure I'd go for that, it is certainly longer than I want (which can be remedied). Not sure it's the vibe I'm wanting to feel though.
LOL, yep, a classic. I've been using it for nearly 30 years, since 1993. :)

Let us know what you end up going with and good luck!

Ulfgeir

Hero
Well, if that one is too well known... (Yes, they are all too long)

O Varium Fortuna

or this song: De Mundi Statu

or this one? Les Haulz et les Bas - Trotto

Or Dead Can Dance - Saltarello 2

or Mediaeval Baebes - Salva Nos

All of them are either proper mediaeval songs, or interpretations of medieval songs. The two songs by Corvus Corax for example is both their interprtations of the musical manuscript that was found in an old cloister, and was the basis for Carl Orff's Carmina Burana.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
My go-to for "epic overture" is the eleventh Doctor's theme from Doctor Who.

But that one might be too familiar for you or your players.

Stormonu

Legend
Great song (and nice remaster). Just not what I'm looking for. Too long, not fantasy at all (the first minute or two might just work for a Cthulhu game :) )
Thank you though.
Heh, I think anything we offer is going to be too long :). But they can be cut down.

What about this? To me, it's one of the most evil-sounding pieces of music in existance (at least the first minute).

Remove ads