• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

There once was this tool... (Help me find it again?)

Lord Xtheth

First Post
Once upon a time waaaay back a few (maybe 10 years ago) there was a tool available for free somewhere on the internet.
It was a random stuff (Story, tavern name, treasure, anything) generator.
You would make lists like such
1. sword
2. shield
3. armor

sword
1. long sword
2. short sword

shield
1. wood shield
2. iron shield

etc.
The program would take your tables and roll them for you and generate its final outcome on your behalf. I've since forgot what this program was called and want to find it again. If anyone knows of one, or something very similar, can you point me in the right direction?

Nagol

Unimportant
That page is the front page of the O.G.R.E. engine.

On the left side, you have a set of pre-selected random generators: most popular, most recently created, created by you, and then a random selection of previously constructed generators.

Above the lists, there is a menu bar : Portal Browse Search Create Favorites Help

Portal is this front page. Browse and Search do what you'd expect. Create lets you build new generators (and generators can take as input output of previously constructed generators).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't think that link is showing me what you wanted me to see. I can't find O.G.R.E on it at all

OGRE's not on it - OGRE is it! The whole page is OGRE!

There you can see a whole bunch of tables and generators people (when I say "people", I mainly mean me....) have made. You can use any of those, or hit the "create" button to make your own.

The Help Page should get you started!

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Once upon a time waaaay back a few (maybe 10 years ago) there was a tool available for free somewhere on the internet.
It was a random stuff (Story, tavern name, treasure, anything) generator.
You would make lists like such
1. sword
2. shield
3. armor

sword
1. long sword
2. short sword

shield
1. wood shield
2. iron shield

etc.
The program would take your tables and roll them for you and generate its final outcome on your behalf. I've since forgot what this program was called and want to find it again. If anyone knows of one, or something very similar, can you point me in the right direction?

Tablesmith?

http://www.mythosa.net/TSHelp.html

MythosaAkira

Explorer
Thanks, Mark :) The download page can be found here as well:

http://www.mythosa.net/Main/TableSmith

The latest version can be found there, though version 5.2 is targeted for Very Soon(tm)...

Windows-only, though I'm definitely looking at porting to a mobile version in the future (either iOS or HTML5).

Besides the aforementioned O.G.R.E., there's also Inspiration Pad from NBOS, and TableMaster, the original inspiration for Tablesmith (not sure if you can find TableMaster any longer; that one's been dead for a lot longer than 10 years... Had a lot of good tables, though). I've seen a few others over the years here and there, but none of the names come to mind.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads