There's something definately screwy going on

I was just in the "Teleportatoin Circle: World Breaker spell" (or something like that) threat in General Discussion Forum. I'd typed up a rather longish post with many items I'd thought were over-looked. I'd already logged into the boards (yet again) via that 'incidence' of my browser, yet I was told I wasn't logged in after-all. So, as I'd done a few times before, I signed in with my info, only to be told that I wasn't on a valid forum or some-such. I try to back-page a few times to re-capture my long post and get a 'that page has expired' message, even though I'd just gotten done with it about 30 seconds ago, if that.

Something's defiantely screwy here. I'm constantly being asked to sign in, even if I'd already signed in. Now I loose a long damned post, which I can't really recreate due to limited time and it's being late enough I simply can't remember the damned thing. I can understand that if you open another browser (ie: Open in New Window) you'd have to sign-in for that browser sesoin, but over 'n over agian on the same session?

Oh yes, and I've noticed since about the 3rd day after the new forums were up that I'm no longer showing any sort of color change for thread names, regardless of how often I view them. I'd noticed the usual 'darkening' of thread names and such (ie: links) for a day or so, but never since. Yet another minor, yet still irritating, glitch.

Hatchling Dragon - and here I'd almost started to accept the 'improved' boards... feh!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Have you got cookies enabled in your browser? And have you set the options in your User Control Panel to use them? That might be the problem.

Hatchling Dragon said:

Oh yes, and I've noticed since about the 3rd day after the new forums were up that I'm no longer showing any sort of color change for thread names, regardless of how often I view them. I'd noticed the usual 'darkening' of thread names and such (ie: links) for a day or so, but never since. Yet another minor, yet still irritating, glitch.

That's odd - because they never did that. The old (UBB) boards did, but vBulletin doesn't. An odd design decision, I admit.

Remove ads