D&D 5E They Broke Arcane Archer!!!

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
Not any publisher that's still in business. Margin is tight on printed material, eating into it by providing brand new copies to replace ones with a typo or three is a great way to not be in the publishing business anymore.

Shame but understandable. If they could shift over to a reliable, accessible digital medium I wouldn't mind, though with the caveat with could make printouts for personal use. Of course, policing it would be a nightmare but I do reckon a lot of energy is wasted on trying to prevent piracy, but hey.

Sacrosanct

Legend
....so? Are we really arguing that there can never be an error, ever, in any first printing of any rule book? Why is this thread still happening?

Because how else would the OP (ironically) be able to keep telling people not to get their "panties in a wad" or to stop acting like a whiny "female dog" if it didn't?

zedturtle

Jacob Rodgers
Shame but understandable. If they could shift over to a reliable, accessible digital medium I wouldn't mind, though with the caveat with could make printouts for personal use. Of course, policing it would be a nightmare but I do reckon a lot of energy is wasted on trying to prevent piracy, but hey.

Most publishers do make PDFs available, usually through OneBookShelf or another medium. PDF publishing is fantastic, because it lowers the cost of correcting errata (not zero-cost, of course, because somebody still had to make those changes and push the new PDF out). And, folks do update print products when there’s a second run. But the reality is that most products (except when you’re playing at the high-end) never see a second print-run.

Most publishers do make PDFs available, usually through OneBookShelf or another medium. PDF publishing is fantastic, because it lowers the cost of correcting errata (not zero-cost, of course, because somebody still had to make those changes and push the new PDF out). And, folks do update print products when there’s a second run. But the reality is that most products (except when you’re playing at the high-end) never see a second print-run.

But here is the beauty. 5e is so successful the second print run followed so fast that the first print run has yet to be delivered.

E

Elderbrain

Re: Errata that the arrows from the 3rd level feature do not have to be magical... doesn't the feature MAKE them magical, given that they create magical effects on the targets if hit? Shouldn't those arrows count as magical for the purposes of overcoming monster resistances and immunities? Seem like the 7th level feature just makes arrows magical without any other effect, unlike the 3rd level feature.

Remove ads