• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

They made it! They really made it!

Darth K'Trava

First Post
MerricB said:
Quick tip, Henry: when you're unsure of your spouse's reaction to a gift, make sure that said gift is light and can't inflict severe bodily harm.

:)

Cheers!

Or make sure you have another gift that's hella good to make up for potential bad reaction.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
die_kluge said:
384 PAGES?!?
Thing is that with the Dummie books there is lots of white space, easy to read fonts, pictures, diagrams, and other space eating stuff that, while undesirable in the actual 3.5 corebooks, could (and probably are) put to very good use explaining complicated matters in a simple, easy to learn, easy to grasp manner that is much needed for novices and "Dummies" (like me).

That and Dummie books pages aren't as large as the core rule books pages... normally.

I'll pick it up for myself and, if it reads well and does a decent job, probably buy for my folks and other friends who just don't "get" D&D.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Between having a coffee table book and a Dummies book, D&D has finally arrived!

As for me, I'm adding this title to the list of books I didn't know existed but absolutely can't live without.

Psion

Adventurer
Zoatebix said:
Of course, the Massage book could be a significant statistical outlier, but you're the first person I've heard complain about the Dummies line, though I didn't quite "get" Psion's opinion from his post, either...

My "opinion" was that I needed a good introductory reference to employability for someone who had only had one job outside of the navy, and they served their purpose and I would use them again.

I also have C++ for dummies, which is a nice introduction to the basics of object oriented design for someone who never learned it in school.

I have no complaints about the dummies books for the level of reference that they are intended as; they won't, of course, replace more specialized references that you will be needing later.

Zoatebix

Working on it
Gotcha. Sorry about the confusion on my part: when I posted I could only recall that you said you had the books on your shelf, and that you don't change jobs much. As far as I knew, they could have been shelved and gathering dust because you found them useless and hadn't sold them or given them away yet. I should have paid more attention to your emoticon ;)

So, um, yay Dummies books!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads