• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

They're Killing All My Ancient Evil!

Romnipotent

First Post
monkey! have a monkey befriend them, buts its really an ancient sorcerer who turned themselves into a monkey in order to trick them.

NO ONE SUSPECTS A COTTON TOP TAMARIN

Romers

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Von Ether said:
How about tempting your PC to become evil.

How did that plot go in World of Warcraft? The paladin decided to premptively kill off a town before it became the focal point for a heideous plague. He could have let the villagers live, but more would die. That sort of stuff.

Or you could recast some of the deeds of your heroes into evil acts and then have the players create new PC to take on their old ones.

Well, the player's in the Jester's campaign aren't turned off by playing evil characters. The group has included several evil PCs, even up to recently. (I think they're mainly good or neutral right now.)

KF72

the Jester

Legend
Well, just to dispel any misapprehensions anyone might have, I'll repeat that I'm not complaining about this trend- I'm not even really looking for ways to 'handle' it (though I appreciate everyone's feedback!) I'm mostly just taking note and letting everyone else know- if you run an epic game, be ready for this kind of thing!

After all, the next time I start a new party off, there are some missing 'big menaces' now that no longer haunt the maps... :)

MangahunterD

First Post
I will have to look at the story hours this sounds interesting. One thing that we have done in the past is to take the heroes from the old campaign ( the epic ones in the previous world) and have them corrupted. In the campaign I am working on there was a great war about a thousand years prior. There were seven heroes from across the planet that were able to take on the big bad ( a fallen god whose worshippers had been trying to help him regain his powers). In the end they managed to defeat him and it cost all but one of them their lives. To make a long story short the six that were not found had actually become undead that were trapped. Of course no one knows until the adventureres stumble upon them and the force they had been gathering for 1000 years....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads