thicker than blood?

sounds good. yep. family can be an asset, burden or plot device. really great when it can be all of these things.

in our game, the dm's often decide on family members (after all, noone chooses thier parents). we make allowances for really really really well thought out characters. still, the extended family comes in handy!! hahahahaha!!!

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Graybeard said:
One of my players is playing a cleric of Athena. Her family owns a bakery in the city the PCs are in. Her mother keeps trying to get her to stay home, give up this cleric nonsense, and get married. The mother has even tried to hook her up with other party members.

I can see it now: "You spend all your time praying, but how will you get a husband when you are so thin? Eat, eat. You must put some meat on your bones."

Graybeard

Explorer
One of my players is playing a Barbarian/Gladiator. Gladiators are highly respected, especially the ones that keep winning. This PC has even amassed a good sum of money. The Clerics mother, once she met him, was instantly trying to get her daughter to marry him. After all, he is big and strong and can protect her from those awful street gangs. It didn't hurt that he was successful. All mothers want their daughter to marry someone successful.

It was a lot of fun both the players as well as me. At the moment the PCs are away from home. The Barbarian just rescued an elf girl from a sacrifice. He is enamored of him because of that. She wants him to stay on the island with her or, take her with him. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Remove ads