D&D (2024) Things People Want

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
I think the thread would be better suited to discuss which species and classes should be in the OneD&D PHB.
Well yeah, but we've had those before, and they tend to go like this:

*No Dragonpeople or demon people.
*No Gnomes (always picking on the Gnomes).
*NO HALFLINGS (I still have PTSD over this one).
*No Half-Races (I guess they won this battle).
*My favorite weird race here because the PHB races are boring (Rogue Modrons, anyone?).
*Humans only/why do we have races (err, species?) anyways?

James Gasik

Supporter
I love how *better X, is followed by *no X.

Someone may have mentioned it but:

*1st level subclasses (followed by *subclasses after 1st level)
That's another one, yes. Oh and a classic, "Divine casters and Warlocks should be able to lose their powers." "Divine casters and Warlocks should not be able to lose their powers."

James Gasik

Supporter
the Fighter to be allowed to have nice things.
Ouch! Yes, that's definitely something that's on the list, as much as it's sad that it is. Some people want Fighters who can leap 50' in the air, cleave spells (and armies) in half, and gather hoards of fanatical followers.

Others want them to have the power level of "that guy down my street who did two tours in Afghanistan".

Yaarel

He Mage
Great original post. I find it useful to have all the desires of D&D gamers listed in one place. The conflicting desires are important, to represent different playstyles.

Yaarel

He Mage
  • Rethinking the six abilities so they work better (more balanced with each other, less overlapping)
  • Setting neutral core rules
  • Psionics with standard mechanics
  • Psionics with distinctive mechanics
  • Psionics with medievalesque magical flavor
  • Psionics with technobabble flavor
  • Nontheistic Cleric
  • Swordmage fullcaster
  • Swordmage halfcaster
  • Gish as separate class (like arcane Paladin, rather than Fighter subclass)
  • Social combat rules

I think the thread would be better suited to discuss which species and classes should be in the OneD&D PHB.
We know what classes will be in the PHB (though i'd argue that sorcerer should be replaced with warlord).

What i'm really hoping for in 5.5e is more classes getting added post PHB. Artificer, warlord, swordmage, pet class/summoner, and psion/mystic are all things I'd like to see.

Remove ads