• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Things that annoy your PCs?

Corinth

First Post
My PCs? Nothing yet.

My players, on the other hand, are annoyed that the NPCs are too easy to defeat. (They make great plans, follow them and use them against NPCs that don't plan well and aren't too bright; it's a classic case of hitting them where they ain't.) That will soon change.

molonel

First Post
Grappling. Recurring villains who just won't @#$@#ing die. The fact that even at 19th level, no one we encounter has ever heard of us, and everyone treats us with the same sort of arrogant disdain that they did when we were 1st level peons. Grappling. Hearing about how high our saving throws are all the freaking time when all I ever seem to roll on saving throws is a natural 1. Grappling.

Dark Jezter

First Post
My PCs get irritated by long periods without any action.

If too long is spent role-playing encounters with NPCs, my players start to get antsy and wondering when they'll be able to find someone to fight. :D

Raesene Andu

First Post
NPCs that beat them, that seems to be the biggest hate, and not just in combat either. They especially hate it when the bag of gems the noble gave them turns out to be little more than coloured glass.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Puns. When a player puns or makes a bad joke in my game they get dice thrown at them by me. But sometimes I can set up a really really bad pun that results in a five-dice barage from the players. Ah... I love that when it happens. Me punning them, not them throwing the dice at me that is.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
I'm not sure. I haven't figured this one out yet. If I've used whatever it is I didn't notice.

I've played in moral dilemas - which I love with a passion.
I've played with using their own tricks against them, such as two sessions ago where they fought a spellcaster with the same spells as the party wizard.
I've tried whole session of nothing but shopping trips. They run around buying hotcakes and getting silly.
I've tried sessions of pure roleplay, they get into character and lead me around.
Hack sessions, they get out the bug spray and go to work.
I've given them monsters with no treasure, I've given them treasure with no monster (they got their first magic weapon last session - a +1 dagger, as a find on a dead body).
We have grappling almost every session, and every time we have to look it up again... :p
Sympathetic villains and heroes they can't stand.
Wisecracks and puns...

What I haven't yet managed is a TPK, or with this group - even a PC meeting it's end. Maybe that will do it...

I've come close to taking one or another of them out several times - one PC has gone down to negatives twice and been severely injured two more times, one, maybe two more have been close as well.

So I'm still searching...

Last edited:

Steverooo

First Post
My PCs are annoyed by parties that don't want to cooperate. PCs who don't want to cooperate. Other PCs who do nothing useful within the party, just "act mysterious", do little-to-nothing, and verbally assault anyone else...

Allanon

Explorer
Vile damage... I can still remember their faces the first time I sprong that on them :D

Returning BBEG's... The joy of having one of you're favorite (way to easily beat the first time, so templated with something nasty this time:p) BBEG's coming to haunt them again is priceless. And a surefire annoyer :D

Spilling drinks over their Character Sheet... nothing gets them more riled up than seeing their favorite PC drenched in >insert beverage of choice here< :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads