• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Things that bug you (spin off of Goldmoon's thread)

Aurora

First Post
Without the politics of course :D

The thread just got me thinking about the lack of respect in general that people seem to have anymore for others. I find it horribly annoying.

A week or so ago, dshai was driving and we were turning right on a green light, and someone coming from the opposite direction was turning left to go the same direction we we heading to.....(I hope this creates a mental picture for you) anyways, *we* had the right of way. The light wasn't turning yellow so it wasn't like he was clearing the intersection and we were being rude, we had a green light and *he* was supposed to yield. Well, jerkface barrels through the intersection and hangs a quick left almost taking off the back end of our car (plus there were 2 lanes going that direction and we even turned into the right-most one, as we are supposed to, and he could have turned into the left-most one and there would have been NO problem) Anways, he gets all pissy and is sure to pull up to us and flip us off. Uh.......hello?! Do you own the road? Do traffic laws not apply to you? Now I think everyone makes a dumb move every now and again unintentionally, I know I have made a few in my 10+ years of driving and have almost caused an accident, but I am always apologetic and am sure to raise my hand to do the "I'm sorry" kind of wave to the people. I don't flip them off and make angry faces at them because *I* was the moron.

And another thing that since this site is mainly men they probably won't appreciate quite as much, but the girls here definitely will.....why do women find in necessary to piss all over the seat in public restrooms? I mean, really?! Should I have to clean up your pee so that I can go? Do you do this at home? Yes public restrooms can be quite dirty, but need you make it worse? CLEAN UP YOUR MESS! DIDN'T YOUR PARENTS TEACH YOU ANYTHING! I had a woman before me in a stall walk out and I walked in and the seat was literally COVERED in piss. I asked her why she would leave the stall like that *knowing* that someone else was waiting and would have to clean it up. She called me a b***ch and stormed out......

So, congrats if you made it this far.....what things bug you about the lack of respect in today's society?

Aurora

First Post
Frukathka said:
Too much political stuff. But I'm not going to shoot my mouth off. Last thing I want is to be hit with a banstick.
The *only* things that bother you are political?

Laziness at others' expense bothers me. People who park in handicapped spots who aren't handicapped for instance. Especially when there are only a few spots available and now some poor crippled person has to walk further because of some able-bodied person's laziness.

Aurora

First Post
Frukathka said:
Govermental policies on certain topics irk me major. Everything else for me is small potatoes.
Ah. That's funny. I too dislike many policies, but respect that politics are touchy and can respect others' opinions on most any political subject even though I may disagree with their logic. The disrespect that I see people show their fellow man though? I see no argument for it and therefore cannot stand it. :eek:

punkorange

First Post
I gotta pop in on this one. As for the handicap parking, I've parked there once, I was delivering pizza to a girl standing in the doorway of a college dorm house. The nearest empty parking spot was two dorm houses away and it was like ten o'clock at night. I parked there for less than 5 minutes and was harassed by campus security for no less than 5 minutes.

That brings me to one thing that really bugs me, and that's when people refuse to show empathy, or when people make decisions on stuff before they know about it. Like gaming being satanic, certain herbal medicines, young people in general. Why is the world so closed minded? Wouldn't this be a better place if people tried to learn and understand before closing their mind to it?

ssampier

First Post
Yes people can't drive worth a ... toot. I often think we should have refresher courses. :p

As the toilets in women's, I thought guys were dirty. I think I recall someone saying that mess comes from people hovering over the toilet since they are afraid of the germs of the toilet seat.

Aurora

First Post
punkorange said:
I gotta pop in on this one. As for the handicap parking, I've parked there once, I was delivering pizza to a girl standing in the doorway of a college dorm house. The nearest empty parking spot was two dorm houses away and it was like ten o'clock at night. I parked there for less than 5 minutes and was harassed by campus security for no less than 5 minutes. Wouldn't this be a better place if people tried to learn and understand before closing their mind to it?

Less than 5 min to avoid a long walk I can empathisize with. I doubt you made anyone else walk who needed it if it was late at night. What you did isn't really the people I am complaining about. I have known people who regularly park in handicapped spots just because they are lazy.

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Lets see...

When you are in a line at a buffet or any other form of self serve food and someone takes the last burger or whatever else you might have wanted.

Electronic setups that are an all day affair to put in something new or to take something out. At my house it probably on average takes two hours to hook up something because of the way things are set up.

When you go to a store thinking they will surely have what you need/want...and they do not.

People who knock really loud on your door.

When you want to watch a TV show late at night, but you fall asleep and wake up just as it is ending.

Doritos that get waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of the seasoning on them.

When people act all cheerful when you have not had a good nights sleep and you just want to sock them in the face. :uhoh: :eek: :D

Water that tastes nasty.

When something costs more money than you thought it would.

When you get a soda can from a vending machine that has little/no soda in it.:(

When you are really tired but can not get to sleep.

Remove ads