• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Things That Bug You

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
First, I understand why gishes are popular, and that is because the idea of a magic swordsman is incredibly cool. With that said though, I tend to gravitate towards Fighters, Barbarians and Rogues, so the less magical classes personally. And the concept of the gish is really hard to balance against a nonmagical fighter. It often feels like "Hey, that concept you like? Kinda pointless what with the teleporting flamesword guy over there." It's not that I hate gishes or ban them or anything, but they do at times, bug me a little.

Gorg

Explorer
5E adventures, and their stat blocks- their complete LACK of them. It makes for a lot of extra work preparing for actual gameplay. It's that, or spend the match flipping back and forth between narrative; the map; the monster stats in the appendix; and the stats for any new spells or magic items...

Also, some PHB classes are rather light on archetype choices, compared to others. Arcane traditions, and Domains have quite a few choices, but some, like Fighter and Rogue only have 2 or 3. Overall, I really like the way they did the classes- it just seems like they ran out of ideas in time to meet the print deadline for some of the classes, lol.

I remain somewhat unconvinced by the concentration mechanic as it applies to magic use. A good 75% at least seem to have that for a duration.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads