Things that go "bump" in the night...

Remathilis

Legend
adwyn said:
Several years ago a friend of mine bought an old dilapidated victorian house that exuded "haunted" by its very appearance. To top it off every one said it was, including several notable state politicians who had stayed in it during the legislative sessions.

Scoffing at the suggestion my friend started into remodeling. It was nearly two years before he got to the third floor, the reputed sight of a lady in white. One winter night while working on a ladder he was startled to see an hourglass figure in white shoot across the room, so startled he fell off. After a couple of days stay he gathered up several friends with science degrees, including a forensics pathologist, and we literally tore the third floor apart trying to figure out what he had seen.

We found nothing, and teased him about the sighting for years. Still, several of the borders he took in also told about seeing the woman in a tight corset running down the hall or in the large third floor room. A couple of books even mentioned the house, much to my friend's chagrin.

This went on for more than ten years. Then the neighbors sold their house to an out of state couple who remodeled it in the most garish of colors. The next sighting of the lady in white suddenly became a lady in red - the sight was actually car headlights reflecting off of two mirrors and through an attic window in the neighbors house.

Dang. That is hillarious. You'd have thought SOMEONE might have seen that funhouse mirror...

Xath

Moder-gator
There was a year when most of the Fathers (parental, not religious) on the opposite side of the street died.

Remove ads