• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Things you'd like to see from WoTC but never will...

FoxWander

Adventurer
Sargon the Kassadian said:
WotC should publish a book on creating new things: monsters, classes, feats, skills, worlds, etc.

I'll second this one! I'd love to have a "D&D Creation Guide" (or whatever). A set of clear, concise, BALANCED rules for creating all the things mentioned above and more- I'd add spells and magic items to that list also.

I'll also second one uber-rulebook. I have fond memories of the old "D&D Rules Cyclopedia" It had pretty much everything you needed to run a game and then some. All in one convenient package. And I think it could be done IF they cut the spells, magic items and monsters down to basic or more generic versions. All kinds of spells in the PHB are specialized, weird or variations on theme. In fact, a lot of them are just various damage spells- just of all the various energy types and at every level. A simple system of "level X spells can do Y damage. Fire adds this effect, cold this, etc." would cut alot of the bulk. Same thing with the cornicopia of magic items. If they did it right they could list the magic items right with the spells (GURPS does this well). As in...
Fireball
stats yadda, yadda.
description blah, blah.
Item suggetsions Wand- (Craft Wand feat) 50 charges, cast as per creator's level; Necklace of Missles- (Craft Wonderous Item feat) 2-20 thrown as missles, explode as per creator's level

A lot of the basic magic items could be covered this way. In fact you could probably have even more than there are presently. Then all you'd need are the random tables.

Anyway, those are my two for the wish list.
Oh, and a Flumphonomicon. :D

geezerjoe

First Post
Oh oh oh ... monster pogs ... with 1" diameters and skulls and crossbones on the back to indicate they are killed. Excellent cheap replacement to minis and easier to pick up than cut outs of paper. You could even include some "special effect" pogs that would randomly generate some sort of effect such as the type of trap encountered or wandering monsters. "Here draw you doom out of the DM's baseball cap!" hehehe ok .. not great ideas mind you but _I_ would love to see them and they will never be made ;)

Joe

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I've heard whispers of parts of D&DG being added to the OGL....stuff like what a 'God' in D&D is, but keeping the pantheons, etc. protected.

And I await it with baited breath.

The best possible scenario for this is kind of like the Tome of Horrors, but for GODS, where at least everything I have in my deity-a-week-thread is covered for old 2e deities and new ones and stuff. It'd be great. :)

dream66_

First Post
John Crichton said:
You'd still have a huge book, even cutting those things. The DMG is still over 250 pages when cutting out a big chunk of the magic items, the MM is still 125+ pages when cutting half the critters and the PHB is still aroun 175+ pages when you drop a huge chunk of spells. That leaves a 550+ page book. :eek:

It's not a bad idea/wish but I just don't think it would work. As a player you really only need the PHB anyway. :)

It's doable.

D20 Modern is only 385 pages and it's got character creation, rules, combat, gm advice, monsters, spells, psionics, magic items, etc.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Bloodsparrow said:
But then the End Times would be upon us!

:D

I guess you're right. I mean, so far the only elf subraces we have are the moon elves, sun elves, dark elves, aquatic elves, wood elves, winged elves, wild elves, star elves, half-elves, half-drow, and fey'ri. If new ones stopped being added, the elf fans might feel neglected! :D

drothgery

First Post
A second edition of d20 Wheel of Time, published in 2005 or so, with two or three supplements a year after that for a while. Even if Crossroads of Twilight was a clunker, I still really like the setting, and with a few minor tweaks, the RPG would be excellent mechanically instead of just good.

Something with good PrCs for paladins in it. Okay, that's being harsh; The Book of Exalted Deeds or even The Complete Warrior could solve that problem. Maybe.

A D&D-licensed console RPG that's better than mediocre (if Bioware's forthcoming Jade Empire uses D&D and OA mechanics, scratch that).

A Harry Potter RPG (yeah, I know the lack of one is mostly Rowling's fault, and she may very well relent after the series is finished, but that'll be a while). If there's a better way to get kids into the hobby than this, I don't know what it would be.

Ricochet

Explorer
I would love to see a meaner and leaner Dark Sun, of course containing a Psionic Class more like the 2nd Edition style than the wizard-wannabe' we know from 3e.

Remove ads