• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thinking of making a Tibbit...

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
...And I'm considering what classes would make the most of what the race has to offer.

I mean, come on, a house cat.

For those not familiar, Tibbit is a Dragon Magazine race, also in the Dragon Compendium, who's trick is changing from a small humanoid (Darkvision, +2 Dex, -2 Str, 20' landspeed) to a Tiny housecat form (Darkvision, size modifiers, +10' landspeed, scent, natural claw and bite attacks).

I'm thinking a Tibbit Warlock or Dragonfire Adept (Fire-breathing house cat! With Wings!) would be fun.

Totemist?

Anyone else have good suggestions for an enjoyable build? Assume Natural Spell feat for any serious caster builds.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Tibbit monk.
Hey now, no need to swear, I was asking a legitimate question.

Hm... Psion? What classes are not dependent upon a humanoid body or a decent strength score to remain effective?

Can a Tibbit speak common and other languages in cat form? The Dragon Compendium seems silent upon addressing that.

Tovec

Explorer
Hey now, no need to swear, I was asking a legitimate question.

Hm... Psion? What classes are not dependent upon a humanoid body or a decent strength score to remain effective?

Can a Tibbit speak common and other languages in cat form? The Dragon Compendium seems silent upon addressing that.

Believe it or not our group has had great effect with several classes for the good ol' Tibbit race. My favourite of which was warmage but we have had monk, duskblade and sorcerer too.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Believe it or not our group has had great effect with several classes for the good ol' Tibbit race. My favourite of which was warmage but we have had monk, duskblade and sorcerer too.
Did you play that the Tibbit spoke common in cat form?
Did you use the Natural Spell feat, or assume they could cast?
Did Fireballs come from paws? Mouth? Eyes? =)

cjosephs1s

First Post
Kinda sounds like anything a halfling would be good for except you get to shapechange for free.

Since you get a +2 to Dex anykind of ranged attacker gets a boost. Scout or rogue/scout? Especially if you do that Martial rogue build that StreamOfTheSky really likes.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Kinda sounds like anything a halfling would be good for except you get to shapechange for free.

Since you get a +2 to Dex anykind of ranged attacker gets a boost. Scout or rogue/scout? Especially if you do that Martial rogue build that StreamOfTheSky really likes.
The humanoid Tibbit seems very much like a Halfling, yeah.
I want a class build that will be effective while mostly remaining in housecat form. I'm struggling with making any sort of damage dealer because the natural weapons are fairly weak, and unless I want to make a mouthpick version of a weaon for a tiny creature (Which I don't), this character won't be carrying any weapons. A Scout build might still be effective though, I'll consider it.

Hm... Unarmed Swordsage...

Tovec

Explorer
Did you play that the Tibbit spoke common in cat form?
Did you use the Natural Spell feat, or assume they could cast?
Did Fireballs come from paws? Mouth? Eyes? =)

It's been several years but as I recall natural spell as well as still spell and silent spell when she could afford the increased casting cost. I'm not positive on the specifics and I didn't play one myself.

Does fireball currently spring forth from the hands, mouth or eyes? I thought it just sprung forth and went the desired distance and for all it mattered it came from the space an inch away from the Tibbit's face.

And no, it didn't speak common. We (in game for both the sorc and the warmage) thought it was a cat who could cast spells. The Tibbit monk really only used her cat form for acting like a rogue and sneaking around or moving quickly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads