• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thinking of making a Tibbit...

Neoiceshroom

Banned
Banned
The last time I saw a tibbit played in one of my games she was a gestalt favored soul/assassin (base class assassin from the Assassin's handbook). She was also a fire genassi. Later ended up taking levels in gestalt shadowdancer/elemental savant. She kicked quite a bit of ass that campaign IIRC.

Neoiceshroom

Banned
Banned

I assume you're referring to my post? If I'm mistaken then forgive me for being so presumptuous.

Rules for gestalting classes can be found in the Unearthed Arcana. Typically it was intended for base classes only but the same concept can be applied to PRCs. The fire genassi template (i may not be spelling it correctly) can be found in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting and several other books. Basically she was a tibbit with a tiny bit of fire elemental blood flowing through her.

emoplato

First Post
The humanoid Tibbit seems very much like a Halfling, yeah.
I want a class build that will be effective while mostly remaining in housecat form. I'm struggling with making any sort of damage dealer because the natural weapons are fairly weak, and unless I want to make a mouthpick version of a weaon for a tiny creature (Which I don't), this character won't be carrying any weapons. A Scout build might still be effective though, I'll consider it.

Hm... Unarmed Swordsage...
Okay, how about a couple of dips of soulknife(2) and swashbuckler(3) then umbral disciple and finish with master thrower. While normally a soulknife really doesn't get you much of anywhere it does have a couple of features that makes it really enticing for a dip. First, is wild talent giving you the crazy various options of psionic feats. Second, is throw mind blade which has a range increment of 30. Now, psionics and incarnum for some reason or another has incredible synergy. Two feats in particular are particular nasty for this psycarnum blade and psycarnum infusion both use the psionic focus mechanic. Psycarnum blade allows an extra d6 of damage per point invested when expelling the focus and infusion maxes a selected essentia based ability so in other words free damage(psionic meditation is a must, if Eberron is allowed Heroic focus gets your focus to a swift action). The Umbral Disciple has some awesome essentia based abilities including blindsense, concealment immune to true seeing, and increased weapons reach. It also has sneak attack without needing it as a prerequisite. If you wish to cap it off the legendary master thrower gives double striking, multiweapon attacking as touch attacks for a mere price of your strength modifier. This is a bit feat intensive but if done right you can pepper down entire bosses without them even noticing you.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Okay, how about a couple of dips of soulknife(2) and swashbuckler(3) then umbral disciple and finish with master thrower. While normally a soulknife really doesn't get you much of anywhere it does have a couple of features that makes it really enticing for a dip. First, is wild talent giving you the crazy various options of psionic feats. Second, is throw mind blade which has a range increment of 30. Now, psionics and incarnum for some reason or another has incredible synergy. Two feats in particular are particular nasty for this psycarnum blade and psycarnum infusion both use the psionic focus mechanic. Psycarnum blade allows an extra d6 of damage per point invested when expelling the focus and infusion maxes a selected essentia based ability so in other words free damage(psionic meditation is a must, if Eberron is allowed Heroic focus gets your focus to a swift action). The Umbral Disciple has some awesome essentia based abilities including blindsense, concealment immune to true seeing, and increased weapons reach. It also has sneak attack without needing it as a prerequisite. If you wish to cap it off the legendary master thrower gives double striking, multiweapon attacking as touch attacks for a mere price of your strength modifier. This is a bit feat intensive but if done right you can pepper down entire bosses without them even noticing you.
Psionics and Incarnum synergy? Where do I find this concept?

Edit: I'm seeing the feats in Magic of Incarnum. Any PrC's that blend the two?

Last edited:

emoplato

First Post
Psionics and Incarnum synergy? Where do I find this concept?

Edit: I'm seeing the feats in Magic of Incarnum. Any PrC's that blend the two?
Soul Manifester which is a WoTC variant of the Soulcaster PrC. It functions the same way except it is for psionics, so its that much better(share soulmeld, astral construct). They also have a few good melds for psionics. Astral Vambraces allows you choose an aspect from the astral construct A menu or have slams.

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
ohh.... Soul Manafester....
So the Mystic Thurge of Psionics and Incarnates. Cool. I'm curious as to how effective this is.

I will look into this. Could be pretty.

Edit: Hmmm... If I can use this class to become a better Psion with Incarnum-support abilities, I might be able to pull this off. Int/Con. Otherwise it might become too much of a headache for me.

Last edited:

emoplato

First Post
ohh.... Soul Manafester....
So the Mystic Thurge of Psionics and Incarnates. Cool. I'm curious as to how effective this is.

I will look into this. Could be pretty.

Edit: Hmmm... If I can use this class to become a better Psion with Incarnum-support abilities, I might be able to pull this off. Int/Con. Otherwise it might become too much of a headache for me.
I personally can't attest to its capability but knowing the systems it is much better than the other. The first thing is Arcane Investment vs. Psionic Investment they both do they same thing and function the same way, but arcane mostly only makes it harder to dispel/counteract(except for a few but you really have to dig for those that can be used by a caster). Psionic on the other hand means you can also use more power points to augment it without additional penalty. The capstone is also much better. Hmm, lets see permanently sacrifice a spell for the day or pay power points for equivalent essentia when an equivalent power to spell actually almost can cost double power points. Uh, I choose b!
Also Midnight augmentation is an awesome specialty ability. This baby gives you an extra free augmentation payment equal to your invested essentia to a selected power. The fact is with psionic investment and midnight augmentation you can pay 6 extra power points without penalty. Who needs overchannel?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads